Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Stopped!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I was really loving my Treo 650 coupled to my 530i with Bluetooth, but today it stopped working. I can couple them, over and over, but no calls work and no address book transfers. THIS WAS ALL WORKING PERFECTLY YESTERDAY!! Arg...

What is the correct sequence for a Reboot on a 2005 530i, no DVD. Power and Eject on my running car does not work for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 02-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Quick update... I can get the phone and car to pair sporadically now, occasionally making a phone call, but the BT drops seconds after a pairing. I'll bet something is messed up and needs repair.

Anyone else have this occurence?
Old 02-26-2005, 03:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325XI 2005 530I 1984 Porshe Carrera

Bummer!!! I hate it when something was working and then simply quits. The problem now is to determine whether it's the phone or the TCU/car. Maybe you can get someone at the phone company to try and pair a different phone with the car and rule out the phone?

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Feb 25 2005, 09:38 PM
Quick update... I can get the phone and car to pair sporadically now, occasionally making a phone call, but the BT drops seconds after a pairing.? I'll bet something is messed up and needs repair.

Anyone else have this occurence?
[snapback]94542[/snapback]
Old 02-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Mine's been working fine since the first pairing with no issues.
Sorry I don't have a solution for you.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:07 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Did you install any new s/w on the Treo...anything?

Sam
Old 02-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray 545i auto, navigation, premium sound/Logic7, cold weather, adaptive Xenon, Lumbar support, split rear seat, PDC.

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Feb 25 2005, 09:47 PM
I was really loving my Treo 650 coupled to my 530i with Bluetooth, but today it stopped working.? I can couple them, over and over, but no calls work and no address book transfers.? THIS WAS ALL WORKING PERFECTLY YESTERDAY!! Arg...

What is the correct sequence for a Reboot on a 2005 530i, no DVD.? Power and Eject on my running car does not work for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

[snapback]94513[/snapback]
I have a treo 650 and a '04 545. I've had repeated problems with the phone repeatedly resetting itself after pairing and making the 1st call. I've narrowed it down to my favorites. As long as I put no speed dials in there are no conflicts. I'm not sure if it is a specific phone number I'm using or if it is the quantity of numbers I put in but the only way to resolve it is to do a hard reset and restore it after deleting PhoneFavorites from the backup file.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, 6 speed, black sapphire with beige leather, style 128 wheels, and clear bra.

Mine was doing the same thing. No longer resetting after performing hard reset. Now phone will not stay paired. tcumbo, have you found a solution? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I think I know the problem with your phone working sporatically. I have a 650 and just tonight bought my wife one. One of the techs at Cingular checked my SIM card and immediatly gave both my wife and I new SIM chips. My old card was a 32k card, and the tech said the Treo 650's don't work well with the 32k card and upgraded my card to a 64k card. To other sales people both said the Treo's are having problems with the programs if you are using the old 32k card. The other benifit of having the 64k card is the Treo's run faster. I guess doubling the SIM memory allows programs to work better and prevents the phone from powering off and freezing.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:38 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the suggestion!! Great idea! - Also, I'm going to pull the Favorites out of my phone (I have 35) - it seems to be having problems when I load the whole phone entries, then drops.

Will report back....
Old 03-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray 545i auto, navigation, premium sound/Logic7, cold weather, adaptive Xenon, Lumbar support, split rear seat, PDC.

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Mar 7 2005, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestion!!? Great idea!? ? - Also, I'm going to pull the Favorites out of my phone (I have 35) - it seems to be having problems when I load the whole phone entries, then drops.

Will report back....
[snapback]98174[/snapback]
Just to let you know, I now have 40 favorites with no problems. They all show up in the BMW phonebook. I found that it seems to be any attachments to the numbers, ie autodial passcodes or PINS for answering services +/or long distance services that creat the conflicts. Good luck. It works great when it works.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Stopped!