Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ulvit
David, my car does not have the bt in the idrive. I presume it requires coding if i get one put in.

Wiring is definatelty there. So I think I need to get a br module and code it to work. Would anyone know if I require a certain spec of an e60 bt module (for eg. euro, lci etc)?
Thanks for the reply.

I removed the boot trim, and mine does have the BT module, so I guess the next step would be to check the part number as I read that early ones dont work, which is weird, given it was sold "working"! I cannot beleive it *never* worked...!

In iDrive that box - I just cannot check it... so weird... as BT is elsewhere but with this disabled, its never goin to work.

The manual says to uncheck the box in countries where BT is not legal... if someone could try unchecking the box and checking again - is it a quick press down or do you need to hold for a period of time.

Think I am clutching at straws here and local dealer is less that helpful.. seems to have no real knowledge.

David