Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

bluetooth question again

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='May 8 2005, 03:32 AM
[quote name='cobradav' date='May 7 2005, 05:05 PM'][quote name='alohalc' date='May 7 2005, 08:38 PM']just spoke with the sales advisor and he told normally this is an 3 hours job but they are giving me a break and "only" charge me 2 hours.? he said he can't help much since the service mgr that he used to deal with is not there anymore.? he asked me to talk to the new service mgr myself.? i left him a message and expecting his call back on monday.? will see what's going on.
[snapback]125604[/snapback]
Glad they came back with no wiring as that is what this bulletin claims as well. The procedure for "retrofit" of "Tel Bluetooth" should not take that long but there is no time listed.
[snapback]125616[/snapback]
[/quote]
cobradav, thanks for the pdf file. i won't print it out and how it to my service advisor since it said post 9/04 build date. he wouldn't know anything but tell me my car is not possible activate bluetooth. in fact, the previous service advisor told me this .
[snapback]125684[/snapback]
[/quote]
The Key section in this bulletin was paragraph 4. I beleive your car fits in the category (no hardare, software update only). As ch7656 pointed out, some labor charge but reduced as u were in for CIP upgrade anyway. I think you probably getting a fair deal. Maybe not as fortunate as some who may have got by free but reasonable nonetheless. Now just hope that it works.

One thing I noticed in this bulletin was the caution in more than one place about cradles not working. In retrofit cars. Not sure if I read that right. Do not know what u intended, but it seemed to me that I saw some folks getting cradles to work on older cars, but may be my failing memory.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I hope they dont screw up my BT when they update to 16.2 for me next week.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='May 8 2005, 12:04 PM
I hope they dont screw up my BT when they update to 16.2 for me next week.?
[snapback]125832[/snapback]
I hope they FIX my BT when I get the 16.2 upgrade.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='May 8 2005, 01:57 AM
The Key section in this bulletin was paragraph 4.? I beleive your car fits in the category (no hardare, software update only).? As ch7656 pointed out, some labor charge but reduced as u were in for CIP upgrade anyway.? I think you probably getting a fair deal.? Maybe not as fortunate as some who may have got by free ? but reasonable nonetheless.? Now just hope that it works.

One thing I noticed in this bulletin was the caution in more than one place about cradles not working.? In retrofit cars.? Not sure if I read that right.? Do not know what u intended, but it seemed to me that I saw some folks getting cradles to work on older cars, but may be my failing memory.
[snapback]125720[/snapback]
they are going to charge me two hours labor. i'll talk to the service manager tomorrow and see what is he going to say. i'll tell him some people only paid an hour and some even none. what would they going to charge me 2 hours? is it because of the technicians don't have enough experience or they are trying to rip me off or both ?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

You should have told them that you are having problem with the idrive. thats what i was told by other forum member. I took my 07/04 built 530I and told them that my idrive is freezing. The service manager says they will do the upgrade to fixt the problem and won't charge for the software upgrade and bluetooth activation. They even gave me a loaner car for 5 days.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Senior Members

i told them there are some problems on idrive and they are going to upgrade the sw under warranty but bluetooth activation is different story. you are very lucky they didn't charge you for activating that .
Old 05-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

the service mgr isn't working today and the asst mgr called (who is also my sa) saying he spoke with the service mgr. 2 hrs is what they need to charge me <_<. well, at least i tried . i told him to work on it right away and the car s/b ready within an hour. i'm so anxious to see the bluetooth feature and the improvement of driving .
Old 05-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='May 9 2005, 02:22 PM
the service mgr isn't working today and the asst mgr called (who is also my sa) saying he spoke with the service mgr.? 2 hrs is what they need to charge me <_<.? well, at least i tried .? i told him to work on it right away and the car s/b ready within an hour.? i'm so anxious to see the bluetooth feature and the improvement of driving .
[snapback]126319[/snapback]

its been 2 hrs u must be at 777 kapiolani blvd...
Old 05-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

no, not yet. i just called and the tech went to lunch but the sa told me the car s/b ready. he just needs to verify with the tech. will call me back in about 5 mins.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Senior Members

got my car back a few hours ago. paid 2 hrs labor, $220, but worth every single penny . bluetooth rocks ! love it ! my phonebook transferred less than 3 minutes, i only have about 100 numbers, though. every time i turn off the engine, it disconnected right away. and when i restart the engine again, it paired in a heartbeat. i made a few calls and the other parties told me my voice is loud and clear without any echo or whatsoever. but the only problem i have right now is i don't have the bluetooth manual. i don't know what kind of voice commands i can use. so far i only know a few commands: dial name, dial number, save name and delete name. does anyone has the bluetooth manual ? thank you very much in advance. btw, i'm still using my old motorola v80. my main reason for keeping that phone is it can pair with our car without any problem .

Quick Reply: bluetooth question again