Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth question, accepting received calls.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you guys have a problem answering an incoming call via Bluetooth?

When my phone rings, I could see the calling number on the i-Drive screen, but when I press the knob to select ACCEPT for the call, I get disconnected The same thing happens if I press the phone button on the steering wheel?

Is this a known issue? I had this before I updated the CIP to V24.0 for the ipod and still have it?

Am I doing something wrong

Thanks for your input
Old 01-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by the-oneil' post='381577' date='Jan 22 2007, 12:56 PM
Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you guys have a problem answering an incoming call via Bluetooth?

When my phone rings, I could see the calling number on the i-Drive screen, but when I press the knob to select ACCEPT for the call, I get disconnected The same thing happens if I press the phone button on the steering wheel?

Is this a known issue? I had this before I updated the CIP to V24.0 for the ipod and still have it?

Am I doing something wrong

Thanks for your input

Mines a June 2006 model, not sure what CIP, and had Bluetooth delivered from the factory. I use a Motorola V3 and the only problems I ever had was when the battery on my phone was end-of-life, and it caused problems with the phone's software in general. I now have a new battery in the phone and everything works fine, with Bluetooth in the car and in normal use. It may therefore be a case of the phone being the problem, not the BMW Bluetooth set-up.

What phone are you using and do you have other problems with the phone?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='381583' date='Jan 22 2007, 08:12 AM
Mines a June 2006 model, not sure what CIP, and had Bluetooth delivered from the factory. I use a Motorola V3 and the only problems I ever had was when the battery on my phone was end-of-life, and it caused problems with the phone's software in general. I now have a new battery in the phone and everything works fine, with Bluetooth in the car and in normal use. It may therefore be a case of the phone being the problem, not the BMW Bluetooth set-up.

What phone are you using and do you have other problems with the phone?
Thanks for the prompt reply

I use Sonyerricson P910i; and I have no other problems with it (except it won't sync address book with the car, which is a common problem with most new-ish phones).
Old 01-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Members

Is it possible your that phone, when paired with the car, answers automatically? If it does, then you are in fact disconnecting it.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KCooke82' post='381590' date='Jan 22 2007, 08:27 AM
Is it possible your that phone, when paired with the car, answers automatically? If it does, then you are in fact disconnecting it.
Didn't think of that I will try not interfering with the next call and see, although I doubt it.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:09 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Mine always answers the call automatially, then 'appears' to disconnect, then 'reconnects' again before we can hear each other.

Wierd but yoiu get used to it.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545, nav, sport, PP, cold weather

i have a nov 06 build 2007 650 with the latest SW. my Cell phone works just like the previous BT bmw's 2005 545. i've used moto 551 and 557 with out problems. try using the button on the phone to accept the call??? i believe its your phone. try paring someone moto and see what happens.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by the-oneil' post='381577' date='Jan 22 2007, 06:56 AM
This happened to me too, starting a couple of months ago. And I hadn't upgraded my S/W either. It appears that the Bluetooth somehow changed its properties and defaulted to automatically 'Accept' an incoming call.

Prior to this, I had to manually 'Accept' the call to get connected. Don't know what changed...545i gremlins at work

Gives me a reason to request a S/W upgrade the next time I am at the dealers'
Old 01-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by KCooke82' post='381590' date='Jan 22 2007, 08:27 AM
That's a possibility. Did a quick review of my RAZR Bluetooth Device Details and the Access was set to 'Automatic'. I have changed it to 'Always Ask'. I will experiment today and see if this fixes the issue.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='381680' date='Jan 22 2007, 01:03 PM
That's a possibility. Did a quick review of my RAZR Bluetooth Device Details and the Access was set to 'Automatic'. I have changed it to 'Always Ask'. I will experiment today and see if this fixes the issue.
Didn't work. This option appears to ask me each time if I want to pair the phone with the car.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth question, accepting received calls.