Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth problem after software pgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everybody,

I'm Roberto from Italy, new to this forum.

First of all a brief description of my car:

E61 525d (October 2004)

Silbergrau
Steptronic
Black Dakota Leather
Professional Navigation System
CD Changer
Parking System
Bluetooth (Sony Ericsson T610)
Runflat Tires

Now with the problem description.

I've just upgraded software version, using the one that comes with "birdview" option and I'm experiencing a strange problem with the bluetooth. Randomly, when I start the car, the system comes up with no phones connected, even in the communication setup my T610 is not shown. I stop the car, wait a minute, start it on again and... everything works fine. I really can't find a reason for that, has anybody experienced something similar? Any hint or suggestion?

Best regards

Roberto
Old 04-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Roberto,

First of all a warm welcome to the forum! You'll find loads of info here.

This is the first time I've heard of the bleutooth problem after a 16.2 upgrade (birdsview).

Have you tried the alt-ctrl-del option when having this problem.

You can use alt-ctrl-del when you push the round radiovolume knob, the cd-compartment eject button and the dvd-compartment eject button together.

I-Drive will restart and you won't have to shut your engine down. Maybe this can help you for the moment.

Anyway, a trip at the dealer is neccesary..
Old 04-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Apr 29 2005, 11:09 AM
Robert,

First of all a warm welcome to the forum! You'll find loads of info here.

This is the first time I've heard of the bleutooth problem after a 16.2 upgrade (birdsview).

Have you tried the alt-ctrl-del option when having this problem.

You can use alt-ctrl-del when you push the round radiovolume knob, the cd-compartment eject button and the dvd-compartment eject button together.

I-Drive will restart and you won't have to shut your engine down. Maybe this can help you for the moment.

Anyway, a trip at the dealer is neccesary..
[snapback]121809[/snapback]
530E60NL,

thanks for your quick reply, I'll try your "ctrl-alt-del" hint (never heard about that), nevertheless, trip to the dealer is planned....

Regards,

Roberto
Old 04-29-2005, 03:57 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, roby63 ! ctrl-alt-del is only good for cars w/nav which you don't have to worry since you have it. you already have the latest sw, 16.2, and if ctrl-alt-del doesn't help, i'd wait for the newer version sw instead of going to the dealer right now. they are going to reinstall 16.2 again which is probably pointless .
Old 04-29-2005, 04:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Apr 29 2005, 01:57 PM
welcome aboard, roby63 !? ctrl-alt-del is only good for cars w/nav which you don't have to worry since you have it.? you already have the latest sw, 16.2, and if ctrl-alt-del doesn't help, i'd wait for the newer version sw instead of going to the dealer right now.? they are going to reinstall 16.2 again which is probably pointless .
[snapback]121831[/snapback]
Alohalc,

thanks for your reply. It really seems a software issue, I can't really think about anything else. By the way, waiting for a new software release means some time (any guess how much?), so I'll probably notify the problem to the dealer pointing out that I've just upgraded, just to find out if they have some suggestion. To make thing worst, last software upgrade takes about two full days .....

Roberto
Old 04-29-2005, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

ver 17.0 is coming by the end of may. a month wait isn't that bad. i've been waiting/hoping for the mp3 fuction for months and now all the wait is... :'(.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Roby63' date='Apr 29 2005, 02:45 PM
Alohalc,

thanks for your reply. It really seems a software issue, I can't really think about anything else. By the way, waiting for a new software release means some time (any guess how much?), so I'll probably notify the problem to the dealer pointing out that I've just upgraded, just to find out if they have some suggestion.? To make thing worst, last software upgrade takes about two full days .....

Roberto
[snapback]121843[/snapback]
Hi Roberto and welcome aboard.
The next CIP release will be coming very soon. Hopefully that will solve your problem.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Apr 30 2005, 01:09 AM
[quote name='Roby63' date='Apr 29 2005, 02:45 PM']Alohalc,

thanks for your reply. It really seems a software issue, I can't really think about anything else. By the way, waiting for a new software release means some time (any guess how much?), so I'll probably notify the problem to the dealer pointing out that I've just upgraded, just to find out if they have some suggestion.? To make thing worst, last software upgrade takes about two full days .....

Roberto
[snapback]121843[/snapback]
Hi Roberto and welcome aboard.
The next CIP release will be coming very soon. Hopefully that will solve your problem.
[snapback]122052[/snapback]
[/quote]

Iceman,

thank you and all the nice guys here on the forum.

This is just to let you know that the ctrl-alt-del workaround ...... works!!!!! During this weekend problem has shown up a couple of times and resetting I-Drive was the right move. It still is annoying, but at least, I don't need to stop and start the car too much.

Regarding software upgrade, I believe that new version is next due in september and hopefully will solve the "MP3 w/NAV Professional" issue, is that correct?

Thanks again,

Roberto
Old 05-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

There will be a software that fixes the MP3 for nav cars (or outside the US, cars with pro nav). This software is planed to be released in September and shouldn't be delayed. We will see... But it's definately coming soon!