Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Phone Voice Control (Europe)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Push it once and let go, the radio mutes and I can start talking.

I do live in the neighborhood, Westland as how its called nowadays.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

It doesn't work for me like that..Pitty!

Westland, aha..
Old 09-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

It doesn't work for me since no lady starts talking to me..
hmm...did you brush your teeth ?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Eric525d' date='Sep 12 2004, 11:30 AM
And it works.......very nice, but it's in German.
Hi

Exactly same problem.

This voice recognition system we're talking here about is a light version which comes with bluetooth. All the commands it uses are explained in bluetooth manual. Commands are phone related, so I don't think it's possible to use it for other purposes, like adjusting air conditioning or radio, in this case.

Unfortunately the listed commands are in english, and the car only speaks/understands German <_<

I took the car to my dealer on Friday, but they were not able to change the language. Now they are waiting for extra instructions before second attempt.

It seems like a useful accessory really. You can "teach" it up to 50 contacts, which can be selected by saying "Dial name" ("Nummer w?hlen") > Lady asks you who you want to call > you say the name you've teached. Also many other features included, like dialling number by number.. a lot easier than use the controller knob to choose the numbers.

I've been tested it in German and it recognises commands easily. Just don't want to fill the contact book now because it's obvious that after the language change, it'll be empty again.

Kari
Old 09-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW 316ti, 2004 BMW 530d, 2006 BMW 530xd, 2013 BMW 320d touring, 2014 BMW 520d touring, 2016 BMW X5, 2020 BMW 320da touring, 2020 BMW 540i
Model Year: 1974
Engine: Flat six
Talking

I have the same problem.
Bluetooth option with a SE T610. The lady is speaking in Spanish.....
I'm trying to speak spanish but the numbers in the phone memory aren't possible to get through voice control, it's always the same answer .... no numbers in the memory.
What's happening? Maybe with a software upgrade that i'm avoiding to do?
I don't want to put it worst. Most of the things are working just fine.
Two times with no AC, no RDS and no voice control on the phone....
Old 09-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I'm gonna check my manual on this and ask my dealer what's up with the voice control for the phone.. Even if she only speaks german it is okay with me.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Tuga,

My experiences.....

With voice control you cannot get to the mobile phone memory. The car has its own memory, where you can enter "by voice" names and numbers.

I think it can remember about 50 names in the car's address book, I have to check this in the manual (@home).

You have to speak the name and number into the car from scratch as there's no relation with the mobile phone.

bye...
Old 09-14-2004, 03:53 AM
Members

I had this problem after a software upgrade.... car went in with bluetooth voice commands in English and came out with German..... took it back to dealer a couple of months later when first service was due and reported problem... dealer changed voice command back to English. This is a dealer issue and needs software CD to select language for Bluetooth voice control.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My voicecontrol for the bluetooth doesn't work. I checked the phone manual and there is a chapter for this option only it is marked with a "*" wich means it is not available in certain countries. Strangely Eric525 has a dutch car and has this option.

My car is going in tomorrow and I'll ask them why my button is not working and maybe they can fix it or get it activated.

All people replying to this thread I would like to now if you have voicecontrol for the rest of the car to (the small button next to the menu button on the I-Drive). I think my dealer will tell me that I need that to get it working but if others don't have voicecontrol for the rest of the option but it does work for bluetooth I would like to now.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 14 2004, 08:14 AM
All people replying to this thread I would like to now if you have voicecontrol for the rest of the car to (the small button next to the menu button on the I-Drive).
No such button, only on steering wheel.

Kari

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Phone Voice Control (Europe)