Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Phone Voice Control (Europe)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Still very new on the board, learned a lot from you. Thanks!

Today I started figuring out the voice control on my Bluetooth Phone option.

And it works.......very nice, but it's in German. Does anyone know if I can switch this German lady to speak and understand English. My iDrive is set to English and I donot see any other menu-items where I can adjust this.

Is this a dealer/software thing? I don't think the UK cars speak German?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Do you have the bmw bleutooth phone or do you have bleutooth with a siemens, sonyericsson or another manufacturer.

I cannot voicedial (unfortunately)
Old 09-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Members

I have the factory BMW option for Bluetooth phones (incl. cradle for antenna and power). Together with a Nokia 6310i.

I press the speak button on the steering wheel and enter German commands like "nummer w?hlen" and it works! German numbers work. Also the name book worked "namen speichern".

What happens when you press on the "speak" button on your steering wheel? Do you hear a german lady talking to you?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Contributors

Off topic but another member who could join a meet with us. We should really set something up in the Netherlands.

Wish I could help you with the phone situation but mine will not even work at all in Germany.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Eric525d' date='Sep 12 2004, 01:44 PM
I have the factory BMW option for Bluetooth phones (incl. cradle for antenna and power). Together with a Nokia 6310i.

I press the speak button on the steering wheel and enter German commands like "nummer w?hlen" and it works! German numbers work. Also the name book worked "namen speichern".

What happens when you press on the "speak" button on your steering wheel? Do you hear a german lady talking to you?
I have the same option like you do!!!

Wich button do you press???? The one with the phone on it or the one with the guy with the ((((( for his mouth..

Do you have a dutch car (are you dutch) or do you have a diplomat or UK/American car??? I don't have voicecontrol.. Oh dear, in a sec I'm going down to the garage to try it!!!
Old 09-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Just tried it. It doesn't work for me :'( :'(

I think it has to do with the fact that I don't have voicerecognition (not an option in holland). This sucks!!!! :'(
Old 09-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Members

Hi,

I think you have the same option, only with a Siemens, but that shouldn't matter.

Ja, ik kom uit Nederland, I have a normal Dutch car (I think / I hope). Nothing to do with diplomats.

I press the guy/mouth button. If you don't say anything a German lady starts talking to you to speak up (in German). I now understand that I have to talk in German to her.

Nummer w?hlen
You can enter numbers in German - eins, zwei, drei.......
Then "w?hlen"
Namen speichern works *you can add voice entered names*
Namen w?hlen *based on entered voice names*
Telefonbuch vorlesen *the systems tells you all entered names*

I donot have any built in NAV, perhaps that makes a difference?

But the questions stays (spoiled.......) .....I want to have it in English!
Old 09-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Contributors

It doesn't work for me since no lady starts talking to me.. This is strange. I have pronav and the bleutooth option. I'll ask my dealer about this issue.. Do you have the menu button behind the I-drive or do you have a split button, a menu one and another one???

I want this to work!!

Bedankt voor je reaktie!
Old 09-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Members

I'm sure I didnot order any voice control, also sure I didnot pay for it!

I got a manual with a telephone station on the front, this book explains the telephone function.

I'm now thinking it's a mistake that it works on my car and not on your full-option one......

I will ask my dealer also. I still have to go in for other things.

Behind my iDrive button I have one menu-button. I donot understand your question on menu one?
Old 09-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Contributors

Where are you from in the netherlands??? If your in the Rotterdam/Delft region I would like to see how it works with your car..

Do you let go of the button or keep pushing it??? I tried pushing it and letting go of it but no difference..

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Phone Voice Control (Europe)