Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Phone

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I am usuing a Motorola V710 with Verizon service. I have the latest software and have paired the phone with my 545 so I can make and receive calls. Additionally, the phone book shows up in iDrive.

My question is, how do you switch from the car system to the phone or a bluetooth earpiece? In otherwards, if you receive a phone call while in your car driving, is it possible to take it off speaker from the car and either transfer it to a bluetooth earpiece or talk directly on the phone. Same question for making calls from the car.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

probably do this thru your phone , i do this with my nokia go into bluetooth settings and connect to a new device where they are listed in the phone itself
Old 03-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RMG007' date='Mar 6 2005, 03:24 AM
I am usuing a Motorola V710 with Verizon service.? I have the latest software and have paired the phone with my 545 so I can make and receive calls.? Additionally, the phone book shows up in iDrive.

My question is, how do you switch from the car system to the phone or a bluetooth earpiece?? In otherwards, if you receive a phone call while in your car driving, is it possible to take it off speaker from the car and either transfer it to a bluetooth earpiece or talk directly on the phone.? Same question for making calls from the car.
[snapback]97831[/snapback]
You can go in the I-menu (push controller in main menu screen, communication settings, Bluetooth connection) and deactivate the connection in there. You won't need to re-pair the phone when you re-enable.

I know what you mean, how you sometimes need privacy and Bluetooth won't give that to you. On Friday night, I had a call from a contractor to tell me about a court case that day. I told him I was on my way skiing for the weekend. He said "I'm sure there will be "lots-a-poking".

I had no idea what he meant, and neither did my wife and daughters who could hear.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RMG007' date='Mar 6 2005, 03:24 AM
I am usuing a Motorola V710 with Verizon service.? I have the latest software and have paired the phone with my 545 so I can make and receive calls.? Additionally, the phone book shows up in iDrive.

My question is, how do you switch from the car system to the phone or a bluetooth earpiece?? In otherwards, if you receive a phone call while in your car driving, is it possible to take it off speaker from the car and either transfer it to a bluetooth earpiece or talk directly on the phone.? Same question for making calls from the car.

Thanks.
I have a 710 linked to the car and the deactivation of BT through the iDrive controller works well. BTW, do the people on the other end have a problem hearing you through the car's microphone?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Contributors

I am using a Motorola Razr V3 and people say that they have trouble hearing me or that they hear an echo of their own voice. Anyone found a way to fix this problem? BTW where is the microphone?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cocogigio' date='Mar 6 2005, 04:27 PM
I am using a Motorola Razr V3 and people say that they have trouble hearing me or that they hear an echo of their own voice.? Anyone found a way to fix this problem?? BTW where is the microphone?
[snapback]97957[/snapback]
The microphone is in the ceiling up next to the passenger airbag light. I believe it was CIP v15 that took care of the echo problem but YMMV.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Mar 6 2005, 04:44 PM
[quote name='cocogigio' date='Mar 6 2005, 04:27 PM']I am using a Motorola Razr V3 and people say that they have trouble hearing me or that they hear an echo of their own voice.? Anyone found a way to fix this problem?? BTW where is the microphone?
[snapback]97957[/snapback]
The microphone is in the ceiling up next to the passenger airbag light. I believe it was CIP v15 that took care of the echo problem but YMMV.
[snapback]97967[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've got v15.2 and have the same problem.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Keeping your volume set as low as possible and not shouting at the microphone results in the best reception for the other party. Try it and find the best setting for your car / handset combo.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Contributors

I've tried everything I know how with volume settings on both the phone and the car, and people still tell me it sounds crappy. I'm hoping it gets better with new SW at some point - right now, I use the handset.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Central NJ

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Mar 6 2005, 11:11 AM
[quote name='RMG007' date='Mar 6 2005, 03:24 AM']I am usuing a Motorola V710 with Verizon service.? I have the latest software and have paired the phone with my 545 so I can make and receive calls.? Additionally, the phone book shows up in iDrive.

You can go in the I-menu (push controller in main menu screen, communication settings, Bluetooth connection) and deactivate the connection in there. You won't need to re-pair the phone when you re-enable.

I know what you mean, how you sometimes need privacy and Bluetooth won't give that to you. On Friday night, I had a call from a contractor to tell me about a court case that day. I told him I was on my way skiing for the weekend. He said "I'm sure there will be "lots-a-poking".

I had no idea what he meant, and neither did my wife and daughters who could hear.
[snapback]97892[/snapback]
[/quote]

Even worse....How about your girlfriend 1 is sitting right next to you while your other girlfriend 2 is calling in. Even if you immediately hang up it invites conversation as to "Why did you do that"? It seems to me that this is a liablity issue. No Privacy is going to get someone killed.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Phone