Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BlueTooth Pairing . . . Desparate for HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

I bought a Razr V3 and paired it with the car fine the first time. Then, the phone broke after less than 1 month, I so traded it for another brand new Razr V3 (black). I have spend hours and hours pairing this new phone but it doesn't pair. Below is the issue:

1. I have deleted the old Motorola entry in the bimmer. There are no device on the list.
2. I have read every word carefully on pairing to the point that I can quote a line.
3. My V3 detects the BMWxxxx, but it is unable to connect despite entering all sorts of codes on the idrive screen. Tried 0000, 1234, 1111, 9999, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Here's what happened:

BT is On for the V3. I'm in the connectable screen of the bimmer. I look for devices on the V3. It finds, "BMWxxxx." On the phone, I select the BMWxxxx device (pairing begins). Then the bimmer ask to "add device." I select "add device." Immediately, the bimmer ask to put in the code. I immediately put in the code (1234) and press Enter. On the V3, it still says, "Seeking BMWxxxx." At this point, my V3 should ask me for the code that I put in the bimmer. It does not ask me. After about 20 seconds, the V3 says, "unable to connect." :'(

I can connect a H300 headset to the V3 just fine, but the BMW or the Motorola will not pair with each other. Please help me before I waste hours at the dealer will probably fine out they have to reset my BT. I've also tried to turn of the BT on bimmer and turn it back on. Tried turning of the car completely too. Is there a way to reset the Idrive with a NO Nav system?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='229740' date='Jan 25 2006, 08:55 PM
I bought a Razr V3 and paired it with the car fine the first time. Then, the phone broke after less than 1 month, I so traded it for another brand new Razr V3 (black). I have spend hours and hours pairing this new phone but it doesn't pair. Below is the issue:

1. I have deleted the old Motorola entry in the bimmer. There are no device on the list.
2. I have read every word carefully on pairing to the point that I can quote a line.
3. My V3 detects the BMWxxxx, but it is unable to connect despite entering all sorts of codes on the idrive screen. Tried 0000, 1234, 1111, 9999, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Here's what happened:

BT is On for the V3. I'm in the connectable screen of the bimmer. I look for devices on the V3. It finds, "BMWxxxx." On the phone, I select the BMWxxxx device (pairing begins). Then the bimmer ask to "add device." I select "add device." Immediately, the bimmer ask to put in the code. I immediately put in the code (1234) and press Enter. On the V3, it still says, "Seeking BMWxxxx." At this point, my V3 should ask me for the code that I put in the bimmer. It does not ask me. After about 20 seconds, the V3 says, "unable to connect." :'(

I can connect a H300 headset to the V3 just fine, but the BMW or the Motorola will not pair with each other. Please help me before I waste hours at the dealer will probably fine out they have to reset my BT. I've also tried to turn of the BT on bimmer and turn it back on. Tried turning of the car completely too. Is there a way to reset the Idrive with a NO Nav system?
Hmm, does not sound like the car. Rebbot the car just for good measure. Cttrl- Alt-del (Radion on- Eject CD- Eject DVD) Are you seeking the car by going " Find Me" in setup or "Looking for Hand free" It should be the latter. If all fails try and pair your V3 with another e60 at your dealer. I think your car is fine, it might be the phone.

I just replaced my Cingular V3 with Verizon's V3c. It pairer like a champ. CDMA coverage and network is so superior. I love it.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Members

Seems like your doing everything right, wish I could help.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by WebDefy' post='229787' date='Jan 26 2006, 01:29 AM
Seems like your doing everything right, wish I could help.
I'm a dumb-ass and have been in the clouds. I press the Return key (small arrow box) instead of the "confirm Password Key" box (window) after inputing the password on the CID.

You know how the enter key on the computer looks like the return arrow symbol on the CID . . .