Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth and Nav-screen stays up even after turning ignition off

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009 | 11:28 AM
Members

Has anyone seen this? Let me describe my situation - and I can repeat this everytime.
I am driving and speaking with BMW bluetooth (& iphone 3G) perfectly fine. Park my car and the call is continuing - so I need to continue to conversation. On the iPhone, I choose the 'iPhone' option and call switches to the handset immediately. I press the 'stop' button on the BMW and take the keys out. Guess what? The BMW navigation unit stays up with full screen info and the iDrive works. I close the door and lock the car with the key, and the screen is still ON (looking from outside). Any clues?

I think that the bluetooth pairing with the BMW keeps the BMW's system active. I went to the iPhone settings (while still on conversation) and turned off bluetooth. Within seconds, the iDrive turned off and the BMW logo showed up on the screen briefly before blanking out. Do you think without turning off Bluetooth on my phone, if I simply walked far away for the pairing to loose signal, that the BMW will automatically turn off? I will try that experiment sometime. I just wanted to know if anyone else seen this?

cheers
PN
07 525i, Blk/Blk, Prem, Nav, Xenon
Old 08-12-2009 | 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

My iDrive and screen turn off once I shut off the car. The BT on my iPhone 3G disconnects and goes back to normal ops.
Old 08-12-2009 | 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by phaduman' post='974036' date='Aug 12 2009, 03:28 PM
Has anyone seen this? Let me describe my situation - and I can repeat this everytime.
I am driving and speaking with BMW bluetooth (& iphone 3G) perfectly fine. Park my car and the call is continuing - so I need to continue to conversation. On the iPhone, I choose the 'iPhone' option and call switches to the handset immediately. I press the 'stop' button on the BMW and take the keys out. Guess what? The BMW navigation unit stays up with full screen info and the iDrive works. I close the door and lock the car with the key, and the screen is still ON (looking from outside). Any clues?

I think that the bluetooth pairing with the BMW keeps the BMW's system active. I went to the iPhone settings (while still on conversation) and turned off bluetooth. Within seconds, the iDrive turned off and the BMW logo showed up on the screen briefly before blanking out. Do you think without turning off Bluetooth on my phone, if I simply walked far away for the pairing to loose signal, that the BMW will automatically turn off? I will try that experiment sometime. I just wanted to know if anyone else seen this?
mine does this as well. the radio and screen shut off once you walk out of pairing distance, end the call, or turn off the BT connection as you did. I just lock it and walk away.
Old 08-12-2009 | 12:47 PM
Members

Cool, puts that to rest.
Thanks!!
PN