Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth mystery

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005 | 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

On the I-drive screen next to the little antenna / signal strenth Icon I had a cell phone icon for a while then it went away, then it came back then it went away again. I was just wondering if people either have the icon or not?
Old 03-29-2005 | 10:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by VTbound' date='Mar 29 2005, 11:45 AM
On the I-drive screen next to the little antenna / signal strenth Icon I had a cell phone icon for a while then it went away, then it came back then it went away again. I was just wondering if people either have the icon or not?
[snapback]108314[/snapback]
With no signal strengh (for whatever reason) the icon will disappear. It also takes up to 30 seconds for the phone to pair at start up.
Old 03-29-2005 | 11:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by VTbound' date='Mar 29 2005, 01:45 PM
[snapback]108314[/snapback]
If you're refering to the traingle. It is to indicate ROAMING. I get it while in the parking garage but it goes away after a bit once outside.
Old 03-29-2005 | 11:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

No, not a triangle, I never saw that, it looks like a little cell phone. It shows when the car is paired with a phone whether there is a signal or not. If there is no signal the antenna goes away.
Old 03-29-2005 | 01:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by VTbound' date='Mar 29 2005, 02:41 PM
No, not a triangle, I never saw that, it looks like a little cell phone. It shows when the car is paired with a phone whether there is a signal or not. If there is no signal the antenna goes away.
[snapback]108343[/snapback]

Oops, I just re-read your first post... No I don't have a cell phone icon and I have never seen one.

When I am paired the antenna Icon = cell signal. When not pair antenna = Radio signal.
Old 03-29-2005 | 04:02 PM
Members

good, i am not going mad then..

My car went to dealers last November time for an I-drive upgrade to repair window lock out problem and when i got it back for around a couple of hours i had a picture of a mobile phone next to the antenna.. it dissappeared and i have not seen it since... i asked my dealer .. he looked at me blankly and said words to the effect of sorry sir i have never seen that one, is it causing you a problem ? as it was not i let it drop.

Interested to see if anyone else has seen this or are me and Vtbound suffering from some sort of E60 bluetooth hysteria !

David
Old 03-29-2005 | 04:33 PM
Senior Members

Hey I get that little phone icon as well.

When I start the car and phone pairs to idrive I get the antenna icon, as long as the phone remains connected to idrive.

If I get a call or make a call, that little phone icon appears. OK this is the part that I'm not sure about. After I hang up, most of the time, the little phone icon stays, but I think it disappears after a while.... No idea what this icon is about
Old 03-30-2005 | 05:22 AM
Members

The cell phone icon indicates a missed call. It goes away when you open the missed calls menu.
Old 03-30-2005 | 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Mine would disappear and then a shadow of the phone icon would appear.

I recently turned BT off on my handset when I went away on a trip (to avoid the BT Virus and minimize the drain on the battery) and then turned it on again when I returned and first got back into the car. It has been visible on my idrive ever since.
Old 03-30-2005 | 10:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, SMG, Silver Grey, Black leather w/anthracite trim, Premium, Sport, Cold, Rear Fold Down Seats, Rear Seat Heating, Xenons. Mods: 545i chrome grill, Euro Red Reflectors and 20% window tint. Coming Soon: Dual LCD monitors w/DVD and Subwoofer install.

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Mar 30 2005, 08:41 AM
Mine would disappear and then a shadow of the phone icon would appear.?

I recently turned BT off on my handset when I went away on a trip (to avoid the BT Virus and minimize the drain on the battery) and then turned it on again when I returned and first got back into the car.? It has been visible on my idrive ever since.
[snapback]108674[/snapback]
My icon is always displayed when I am connected. Of course, it never pairs until I take the phone out of sleep mode which bug the heck out of me, but once paired, it is always displayed.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth mystery