Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Music

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:40 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530xi wagon
Default Bluetooth Music

Hi everyone!

Somewhat new to the forum and have a question. I know... already. Your thoughts/info would be greatly appreciated.

I have an '06 BMW 530xi Wagon with factory radio and cd changer (glove box) and no aux port.

I'm interested in adding the ability to bluetooth music. Any information anyone can share on if/how this can be accomplished would be great.

Thanks!
Joe
Old 01-06-2016, 10:46 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530xi Sportwagen
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

I'm in the same boat with our 2006, 530xi. The best solution looks to be purchasing an audio input connector (off ebay or amazon) that will work with your stereo, then re-coding the stereo to turn on the input.

You can then hook directly into the car with an audio cable, or use something like the HTC A100 Stereoclip to plug directly into the port. I have the HTC in my M6 and it works really well. Just realize that bluetooth audio quality is absolutely not as good as plugging directly to the line-in port with your headphone jack.

Jose
Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Nav, Adaptive Xenon, Comfort Seats

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...eaming-139872/

Check that thread. I currently just use an aukey bluetooth reciever:
Amazon.com: Aukey Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Receiver Wireless Music Streaming Adapter with Hands Free Calling, Built-in Mic, 3.5 mm Stereo Output for Car (BR-C2): Electronics Amazon.com: Aukey Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Receiver Wireless Music Streaming Adapter with Hands Free Calling, Built-in Mic, 3.5 mm Stereo Output for Car (BR-C2): Electronics

but im gonna follow that DIY so the install is sleeker.

Originally Posted by DaHose
Just realize that bluetooth audio quality is absolutely not as good as plugging directly to the line-in port with your headphone jack.

Jose
Actually, depending on the quality of the receiver, the quality can be significantly better. Bluetooth uses digital transmission which means the receiver has an on board DAC to translate the digital information into analog audio that gets piped into your car's stereo. The DACs in phones are getting better but a discrete DAC will usually have much higher quality than the one in your phone.

Last edited by zoppp; 01-06-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: '06 530xi wagon

Thank for the replies DaHose and Zopp!

These are great solutions. The internal module is really slick.

I believe the problem I'll have is that I don't have an AUX port.

I wonder if there is a way to leverage the CD changer wiring to add something like these solutions?
Old 01-07-2016, 09:05 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Nav, Adaptive Xenon, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by spivey
Thank for the replies DaHose and Zopp!

These are great solutions. The internal module is really slick.

I believe the problem I'll have is that I don't have an AUX port.

I wonder if there is a way to leverage the CD changer wiring to add something like these solutions?
I remember back in my e46 you were able to get something called a dice mediabridge that would replace the CD changer module but that wouldnt work on the e60. You might just be better off installing an aux jack, its not that hard to do and there are plenty of DIYs