Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth / iPhone connectivity / iDrive upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I?m a newbie to the forum, popping my posting cherry, following a purchase of an 05 530D M Sport yesterday. I have some questions, that I hope that someone can help with:

1) Can I have the BMW Bluetooth prep that has a cradle under the armrest be fitted, as I would prefer to use the phone controls on the steering wheel, if possible. If not, anyone of recommendations to aftermarket products?

2) I also have an iPhone, and wonder if anyone has any advice on the best solution for connecting it for Audio? Maybe I should be asking this question in conjunction with the questions above about bluetooth. Either way, a point in the right direction would be welcomed.

3) Can I upgrade the iDrive be include SatNav, and if it?s worth it, as I have a TomTom OneXL?

I was going to ask about RF vs Non RF tyres, but can see that there's polarised views. I'll work it out by trial and error.

Forum looks great and full (!) of great info. Keep up the good work, guy and gals. Apologies if these questions are old hat and answered elsewhere on the board :-)

All the best

Dodge
Old 06-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 M5 CP

Originally Posted by Dodge' post='612272' date='Jun 29 2008, 07:02 AM
I?m a newbie to the forum, popping my posting cherry, following a purchase of an 05 530D M Sport yesterday. I have some questions, that I hope that someone can help with:

1) Can I have the BMW Bluetooth prep that has a cradle under the armrest be fitted, as I would prefer to use the phone controls on the steering wheel, if possible. If not, anyone of recommendations to aftermarket products?

2) I also have an iPhone, and wonder if anyone has any advice on the best solution for connecting it for Audio? Maybe I should be asking this question in conjunction with the questions above about bluetooth. Either way, a point in the right direction would be welcomed.

3) Can I upgrade the iDrive be include SatNav, and if it?s worth it, as I have a TomTom OneXL?

I was going to ask about RF vs Non RF tyres, but can see that there's polarised views. I'll work it out by trial and error.

Forum looks great and full (!) of great info. Keep up the good work, guy and gals. Apologies if these questions are old hat and answered elsewhere on the board :-)

All the best

I also have an iPhone and found that if you use it as an iPod you can't use it as a phone. I have the built in usb connection for the iPod on my '08 550i, not sure how that would go for yours.
Dodge