Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Install Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

I have a 03/04 Production 530 (production commenced Feb 27 complete Mar 01) which I have tried to retrofit with BT.

Took the car in last week and had BT activated. Software was updated from v13.3 to v15.0 at the same time. The car is paired to a T637.

Had many problems with the BT when I picked the car up. After the car was put to sleep several times, most of the problems went away. This is my current status :

Assist is fully operational.
BT phone pairs with car and uploads address book perfectly.
Voice command in the vehicle works fairly well. Some commands are not understood.
Dialing in or out no problem.
I can call out to a remote Voice Mail system and enter the access codes from my phone and retrieve messages perfectly.
Calls in or out to the vehicle cannot be answered. When a call comes in and I press the phone button, nothing happens. When I call out, I cannot be heard by the person on the other end of the line.

I do not believe this is a mic problem as Assist and VC would not work. My TCU according to the diagnostic output provided by the dealer has the same part no as the units being retroffited by other members on the board (6955688).

Car is going back in to the dealer on Monday. Any suggestions as to what to try next?
Old 01-15-2005, 03:35 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Sorry I can't help specifically on your question; I'm in getting recall and bluetooth done now. At least I got a 325 without buying my car there.

Question... How exactly did you dial a voicemail system? Did you enter the passcode(s) manually from your phone's keypad, or was it programmed in somehow?

Thanks much,

Sam
Old 01-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Jan 15 2005, 06:35 PM
Sorry I can't help specifically on your question; I'm in getting recall and bluetooth done now.? At least I got a 325 without buying my car there.

Question...? How exactly did you dial a voicemail system?? Did you enter the passcode(s) manually from your phone's keypad, or was it programmed in somehow?

Thanks much,

Sam
[snapback]79490[/snapback]
I enter the numbers on the handheld phone's keypad. I do not think you can do it from the car's keypad given how the interface works.

Good luck with your activation. I hope you have better results than I've gotten so far.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:26 AM
sj3
Senior Members

I don't have a BT phone yet. I'm hoping Verizon comes out with something reasonable, Palm-based, by April. I'll probably have to do the Treo650, but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

Sam
Old 01-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Jan 16 2005, 06:26 AM
I don't have a BT phone yet.? I'm hoping Verizon comes out with something reasonable, Palm-based, by April.? I'll probably have to do the Treo650, but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

Sam
[snapback]79698[/snapback]
Sam, are you aware that there is a class action suit against Verizon? They do not seemed at all inclined to have a fully open BT phone and I don't think many PDAs work with any carrier.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Contributors

BT retorfit now complete.

TCU was not compatible and required repalcment with the latest part from BMW.

Even though the software updater showed the correct TCU[part number on the print out, the actual body had the old part number marked on the exterior.

BMW would not go for a warranty or upgrade. As others on the board have encountered, I had to buy the new TCU. Hopefully, if BMW does something retoractively, all of the owners of early builds will be reimbursed for the cost of replacing the TCU.

My sincere thanks to the other posters whose information was invaluable in getting this mod completed.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Jan 17 2005, 08:23 PM
BT retorfit now complete.?

TCU was not compatible and required repalcment with the latest part from BMW.?

Even though the software updater showed the correct TCU[part number on the print out, the actual body had the old part number marked on the exterior.

BMW would not go for a warranty or upgrade.? As others on the board have encountered, I had to buy the new TCU.? Hopefully, if BMW does something retoractively, all of the owners of early builds will be reimbursed for the cost of replacing the TCU.

My sincere thanks to the other posters whose information was invaluable in getting this mod completed.

[snapback]80196[/snapback]
What did they charge for the TCU?