Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth: General Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004 | 07:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Sorry for starting a new topic but I couldn't find a right thread to ask for this question.

My 2004 was conceived in 5/2004. I was looking through my Owners Manual and I found a little card that had BMW Bluetooth code/Pass Key. Does this mean I have bluetooth capability? The dealers invoice did not listed as one of the options.

Thanks

Teriyaki
Old 12-09-2004 | 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='Dec 9 2004, 09:53 AM
Sorry for starting a new topic but I couldn't find a right thread to ask for this question.

My 2004 was conceived in 5/2004. I was looking through my Owners Manual and I found a little card that had BMW Bluetooth code/Pass Key.? Does this mean I have bluetooth capability?? The dealers invoice did not listed as one of the options.?

Thanks

Teriyaki
[snapback]67024[/snapback]

You could have searched for your answer, but yes. You can get it retrofitted. It requires a software upgrade to 13.3 or greater and some coding.
Old 12-09-2004 | 08:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

My software was upgraded last week with the Oxygen Sensor recall. Does this mean I can just go buy a bluetooth phone and 'pair it'?
Old 12-09-2004 | 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

Look under Cimmunication Setting and you may see a Bluetooth option.. IF it isn't there you may need recoding..
Old 12-09-2004 | 09:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Just having your MY04.5 (the .5 to denote March '04 Production and later) vehicle recoded to the latest CIP version isn't sufficient to get BT functionality. There is a special "retrofit" section of the software installation tool and within that section, there is a "Tel. Bluetooth" retrofit that might be able to be performed on your vehicle, provided all the other preconditions are met (like the TCU being of the correct hardware version).

Since there is a certain amount of work involved in performing the "Tel. Bluetooth" retrofit, the service is not being done free of charge unless you have an outstanding relationship with your service advisor.

All of this information is in the Bluetooth SIB that's been posted here and elsewhere.

-MrB
Old 12-09-2004 | 12:23 PM
Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mrbelk' date='Dec 9 2004, 11:01 AM
Just having your MY04.5 (the .5 to denote March '04 Production and later) vehicle recoded to the latest CIP version isn't sufficient to get BT functionality.? There is a special "retrofit" section of the software installation tool and within that section, there is a "Tel. Bluetooth" retrofit that might be able to be performed on your vehicle, provided all the other preconditions are met (like the TCU being of the correct hardware version).

Since there is a certain amount of work involved in performing the "Tel. Bluetooth" retrofit, the service is not being done free of charge unless you have an outstanding relationship with your service advisor.

All of this information is in the Bluetooth SIB that's been posted here and elsewhere.

-MrB
[snapback]67047[/snapback]
Called the dealer today. Since my software was upgraded last week, can i get a retrofit for a less fee. They said NO. I guess there are other things they need to do. They quoted me $900, excluding the phone. I'll probably skip this modification. i think I can spend it on something better. I just don't know what it is
Teriyaki
Old 12-09-2004 | 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='Dec 9 2004, 02:23 PM
[quote name='mrbelk' date='Dec 9 2004, 11:01 AM']Just having your MY04.5 (the .5 to denote March '04 Production and later) vehicle recoded to the latest CIP version isn't sufficient to get BT functionality.? There is a special "retrofit" section of the software installation tool and within that section, there is a "Tel. Bluetooth" retrofit that might be able to be performed on your vehicle, provided all the other preconditions are met (like the TCU being of the correct hardware version).

-MrB
[snapback]67047[/snapback]
Called the dealer today. Since my software was upgraded last week, can i get a retrofit for a less fee. They said NO. I guess there are other things they need to do. They quoted me $900, excluding the phone. I'll probably skip this modification. i think I can spend it on something better. I just don't know what it is
Teriyaki
[snapback]67165[/snapback]
[/quote]

What a rip off. My dealer charged me an hour of labor. They sould have upgraded you to V13.3 and coded when they did the SW update.