Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth - Finally There may be Hope!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005 | 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

My Cel phone provider ( Bell Mobility-Canada) has come out of the dark ages and introduced a Bluetooth capable phone.

The one and only phone that they have is an LG 325 Camera Slider Phone.

Need your guys help to determine if this phone will work in my 545. My build date was July 2004 so I know a conversion is possible.

Also, if this phone will work in my car, does anyone have any experience with this model phone as far as it being a good phone.

Last thing, what kind of charges can I expect from BMW to do the conversion on my car.

Thanks for any and all replies.
Old 07-21-2005 | 06:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

You will only need to have BT activated by the dealer. This requires them to activiate BT internally in your car through their software update interface provided it hasn't already been activated. Check in your communciations settings menu and see if BT comes up.

This process should take a couple of hours provided there are no faults associated with the software update. If you can get the dealer to update your software due to problems (like your automatic headlights not working properly), the activiation should not cost you anything. For what you have been through with your car, they should be doing it for free anyway.

Keep us informed.
Old 07-25-2005 | 03:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Jul 21 2005, 09:20 AM
You will only need to have BT activated by the dealer.? This requires them to activiate BT internally in your car through their software update interface provided it hasn't already been activated.? Check in your communciations settings menu and see if BT comes up.

This process should take a couple of hours provided there are no faults associated with the software update.? If you can get the dealer to update your software due to problems (like your automatic headlights not working properly), the activiation should not cost you anything.? For what you have been through with your car, they should be doing it for free anyway.

Keep us informed.
[snapback]151565[/snapback]
Thanks Ademitt, , have not yet purchased the phone as I have read mixed reviews about this phone and am trying to get more info. Although the phone is new to Canada it has been out int he USA for over a year now. If anyone has an LG 325 Camera Phone, can you please advise your experience with it and if is compatable with BMW Bluetooth. Thanks