Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BlackBerry BOLD & E60

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008 | 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Moopai, I would take it to Rogers (assuming you bought it there) and tell them you're situation.. I'm sure one of the sales reps can help you out or give you a new Bold to try it on.

I remember I had the same issue's. I restarted my car 2 or 3 times, and tried repairing the phone each time.. eventually it worked! GL! If you wanna meet up and try it with my Bold I'd be happy to help, but it would probably be more time consuming then checking out a Rogers store and seeing if they can help. Let me know!
Old 09-13-2008 | 10:08 AM
Members

My Ride: - - - - - - Blue 525d Executive, BT, Logic7, 18inch 124's, sunroof, sport seats

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='667360' date='Sep 12 2008, 01:14 AM
anyone else around you with a bold you can compare to?
I use the Bold and it works fine, I have a 2005 model, no software updates . What I finally can do now is synchronize a selection of the address book "Selected Categories Only" instead of all entries.

That's also the solution I was thinking about. What do you have set as a setting for synchronizing your contacts? You can change this in Bluetooth Options. Another solution could be that your Bold is enabled with content protection, that could cause your Bold not to synchronize when it's in lock mode.
Old 09-13-2008 | 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by EricO5d' post='668661' date='Sep 13 2008, 02:08 PM
What I finally can do now is synchronize a selection of the address book "Selected Categories Only" instead of all entries.
In case it helps in determining what works and what doesn't work, I'm able to use "Selected Categories Only" on my 2008 car with an old BB 8700. I have updated the 8700's OS to 4.2 so maybe whatever you used to use had some older version?

Speaking of BB versions, version 4.5 is going to be released soon for the older models (older than the Bold) so anyone that's using a BB might be able to take advantage of some of the Bold's features (like better HTML email support) soon!

Take a look:
http://www.blackberry.com/newsletters/conn...-soft-4_5.shtml

Old 09-13-2008 | 11:31 PM
Members

working fine. no problems. E60 2006 525I.
Old 09-14-2008 | 01:42 AM
Members

My Ride: - - - - - - Blue 525d Executive, BT, Logic7, 18inch 124's, sunroof, sport seats

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='668773' date='Sep 14 2008, 02:19 AM
In case it helps in determining what works and what doesn't work, I'm able to use "Selected Categories Only" on my 2008 car with an old BB 8700. I have updated the 8700's OS to 4.2 so maybe whatever you used to use had some older version?
OK - perhaps I just found about the option when scrolling through the Bold's settings. I previously had a Curve, don't know what OS version was on that.......but I never was aware of the option to only sync specific categories......too bad I found out just now.....it's a great option.

/Eric
Old 09-14-2008 | 02:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.
Cool

Gents, thanks for everyones input and help as usual you all are great but I finally figured out what is the problem with my BOLD. While having these problems with the address book I wanted to backup my BB yesterday morning and noticed a problem between the Bold and the desktop manager which lead me to believe that the problem might be the with the address book and the E60 firmware. So I wiped the BB completely and re-synced with the desktop manager to confirm everything is fine, then re-paired with the E60 and boom it worked. I have been running trouble free for two days now.

Originally Posted by EricO5d' post='669032' date='Sep 14 2008, 05:42 AM
OK - perhaps I just found about the option when scrolling through the Bold's settings. I previously had a Curve, don't know what OS version was on that.......but I never was aware of the option to only sync specific categories......too bad I found out just now.....it's a great option.

/Eric
Old 09-14-2008 | 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='669288' date='Sep 14 2008, 03:15 PM
Gents, thanks for everyones input and help as usual you all are great but I finally figured out what is the problem with my BOLD. While having these problems with the address book I wanted to backup my BB yesterday morning and noticed a problem between the Bold and the desktop manager which lead me to believe that the problem might be the with the address book and the E60 firmware. So I wiped the BB completely and re-synced with the desktop manager to confirm everything is fine, then re-paired with the E60 and boom it worked. I have been running trouble free for two days now.

Nice, congrats...
Old 10-02-2008 | 11:15 AM
Members

Hi,

I have a 535d e61 2005 for one day now. and verry happy with it!

Only thing is i can not getting my Bold working over bluetooth.

it pairs ok, so it is named as paired in the idrive menu aswell in the bold.

But when calling it goes just over the Bold.

it also has a onboard phone, but do not want to use it with duo sim.

do I need an update or does it has to work when you can pair the phone-

Thanks in advance !
Old 12-22-2008 | 07:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

I just upgraded to the Bold from the 8700R and I am having the same issues with the address book transfer. It does not automatically transfer the address book. I had the same problem with my 8700R. This is a brand new Bold and my car is only a few weeks old. I have tried deleting the device and adding it again many times over the last few days. I have tried the other methods mentioned on this post. Nothing seems to work. I have only 40 entries in my address book. When I turn bluetooth off on my phone and turn it back on, only then does it successfully transfer the address book. Any ideas?
Old 12-26-2008 | 11:04 AM
Contributors

I have a Bold that i use in my (older) E60, and if I try to access the phonebook too quickly after starting the car I have no access to it. I generally allow myself the time it takes to pull out of my parking garage ( a minute and change) and then it works flawlessly. I did notice yesterday where the signal strength indicator is on the iDrive screen, there is now a little phone icon next to the signal bars. It has never done that before and nothing else is different. Who knows...

Quick Reply: BlackBerry BOLD & E60