Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Blackberry 8700c Pairs With e60 with Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I just paired my Blackbeery 8700c with my e60 with Bluetooth. My monster phonebook transferred. Everything works fine. I have the 18 + /- version of the car's software.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Automatic, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons.

This may be a silly question but can you see your emails come through from the Blackberry on the I-Drive screen as well?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Formula1' post='229418' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:53 AM
This may be a silly question but can you see your emails come through from the Blackberry on the I-Drive screen as well?
I will try that, but that is extremely doubtful. I would be shocked if that was currently possible. Basically when the car and phone pair with each other when you get into the car, the car pulls new phonebook information into the cars computer for display and access to the car's phonebbok.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Originally Posted by pharding' post='229386' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:55 AM
I just paired my Blackbeery 8700c with my e60 with Bluetooth. My monster phonebook transferred. Everything works fine. I have the 18 + /- version of the car's software.

Pharding, I had read somewhere that only numbers that were in the speed dial of the blackberry would sink and that the whole phonebook wouldn't. You can get your whole phonebook to show up on the A-Z list?

I wanted to get a blackberry but held off because of the issues I read about. Maybe I was misinformed.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='229427' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:12 PM
Pharding, I had read somewhere that only numbers that were in the speed dial of the blackberry would sink and that the whole phonebook wouldn't. You can get your whole phonebook to show up on the A-Z list? ......
I do not have any speed dial numbers on my Blackberry. The whole phone book loaded, including multiple phone numbers for the same name. With multiple numbers for the same name, it handled them this way:

Joe Smith - Home xxx-xxx-xxxx

Joe Smith - Mobile xxx-xxx-xxxx

Joe Smith - Office xxx-xxx-xxxx

The only thing that I did not like is that the names were sorted by first name.

The phone component of the Blackberry is excellent, comparable to the latest version of the Motorola RAZR V3 which is better than the early RAZR V3s.

Please bear in mind that I am on Cingular. I do not know how the phone would work on other networks.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Originally Posted by pharding' post='229438
Pharding, I had read somewhere that only numbers that were in the speed dial of the blackberry would sink and that the whole phonebook wouldn't. You can get your whole phonebook to show up on the A-Z list? ......
I do not have any speed dial numbers on my Blackberry. The whole phone book loaded, including multiple phone numbers for the same name. With multiple numbers for the same name, it handled them this way:

The phone component of the Blackberry is excellent, comparable to the latest version of the Motorola RAZR V3 which is better than the early RAZR V3s.

Please bear in mind that I am on Cingular. I do not know how the phone would work on other networks.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info!! That is the same balckberry I was looking at through Cingular as well. Maybe now I will go get it.

Out of curiosity, did you look at the Treo's at all? If so, what are yor thoughts on them?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='229451
Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='229427' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the info!! That is the same balckberry I was looking at through Cingular as well. Maybe now I will go get it.

Out of curiosity, did you look at the Treo's at all? If so, what are yor thoughts on them?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Interesting stuff - neither of your cars were produced in the timeframe outlined in the press release announcing this compatibility. I think there's a thread in the Bluetooth and Cellphone forum that includes the actual release.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Originally Posted by pharding' post='229438' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:40 PM
You just start typing the letters of the name you want, first or last, and it narrows as you type. So you can find last names by just starting typing. E.g., after you hit J, jim smith, fred jenkins, hajjan kamir, sarah jinks will all show up; then when you type the next letter, I, only Jim Smith and Sarah Jinks would be left; at the N, only Sarah Jinks.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Automatic, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Originally Posted by pharding' post='229423
I will try that, but that is extremely doubtful. I would be shocked if that was currently possible. Basically when the car and phone pair with each other when you get into the car, the car pulls new phonebook information into the cars computer for display and access to the car's phonebbok.
[/quote]

Great....thanks.....it would be amazing if you could quickly read your emails on the I-Drive screen.....but of course some would argue that it may not be too safe.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='229457
Originally Posted by pharding' post='229438' date='Jan 25 2006, 01:40 PM
[quote name='SolarFactory' post='229427' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:12 PM']

Thanks!
[/quote]

Interesting stuff - neither of your cars were produced in the timeframe outlined in the press release announcing this compatibility. I think there's a thread in the Bluetooth and Cellphone forum that includes the actual release.
[/quote]

I had read that same thing in the Bluetooth forum. That's why I was hesitant to get the Blackberry until I read this post, now I may try it.

Quick Reply: Blackberry 8700c Pairs With e60 with Bluetooth