Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Best bluetooth phone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005 | 03:46 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Welcome aboard, montelatici. Good to have you here. I humbly recommend you put something in the Location field of your profile and let us know the specs of your car in you signature.

Sam

Originally Posted by montelatici' date='Mar 30 2005, 05:56 PM
Tested a few phones that I have.?

Motorola A1000 Does NOT work.
My Motorola A1000 (which I had unlocked to use in the US) was seen and registered by the 545 but would not work.? This is a great phone which I use in Italy on a 3G network and was happy with it in the US on their 2G networks.? Very disappointing as it has the handsfree protocol proported to be necessary for use with the BMW.

Motorola A835 3G works but doesn't tranfer the phonebook automatically.? It is locked and it is a brick not worth unlocking for use in the US.

My old T68 Ericsson worked and transfered the phone book.? It is unlocked but can't take advantage of Edge used by Cingular in the US.

I bought a Motorola V551 (as it is one of the phones recommended by BMW in the US) for 149 US and a 50 US rebate.? Works wonderfully with the BMW. transferred phone book automatically (500 names).? I suspect battery life will be a problem from what I have read however.
[snapback]108915[/snapback]
Old 03-31-2005 | 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, montelatici !
Old 03-31-2005 | 02:29 PM
Guest_GOLD PANDA_*

Fellow Bimmers:

It's finally a done deal here. Just got Bluetooth interface successfully installed on my March 2004 build 545i! Endured quite a long wait and months of frustration from various Bay Area BMW dealerships. For months, the running line with the service advisors was retrofitting Bluetooth in a March 2004 wasn't possible.

Well, thanks the E60 Forum here, we all certainly know otherwise, don't we?? Had to get a new 2005 version TCU (telematics control unit) installed under warranty, along with the latest 2005 version bluetooth software upgrade.

And yes, like you I opted for that chic Moto Razr V3 phone. Both phone and car paired like a champ, while the cell phone book entries uploaded to BMW seamlessly. This included additional and subsequent new telephone entries into the Razr. Able to make and receive calls via steering wheel, I-Drive Phone Book and Voice Recognition. Overall reception is quite plausible. I'm definitely finding myself making more calls now as a result.

Is Bluetooth hands-free totally awesome or what?? A great compliment to an already proven world class sedan. Life doesn't get much better than this.

All, please keep it UNDER 150 now!

BEST!

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Mar 29 2005, 09:00 PM
I have Razr V3 works great, I would buy it again, love the bluetooth feature.
[snapback]108474[/snapback]
Old 03-31-2005 | 05:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Mar 29 2005, 07:19 PM
[quote name='subterFUSE' date='Mar 29 2005, 07:15 PM']I have the Moto Razr, and I like it a lot.

But Sony phones are so-far, the most compatible with BMW.? All features work, and they offer snap-in adapters.
[snapback]108420[/snapback]
I have the Moto V710 (only compatible Verizon phone). It synchs flawlessly, speaker phone works great, but there are a lot of complaints about sound quality on the other end.

BTW, how's the sound quality for you RAZR fans?
[snapback]108422[/snapback]
[/quote]

I had problems with the Moto V710 using Verizon...poor sound quality on the receiving end. One of the senior members here responded he needed to exchange his V710 twice before he got one that worked without problems. I wasn't getting much help at Verizon..

Since Cingular had the largest selection of phones which are confirmed by BMW to be compatible I returned the V710, and gave Cingular at try. (I would have shyed away from cingular, but their purchase of AT&T wireless recently seemed reassuring as far as coverage). The saleman said that the Moto Razr V3 and the V551 had the same internals, and we tested both in my car. Both worked equally well, take your pick, plus there are other phones to pick from.
Old 03-31-2005 | 08:32 PM

I have the SE t637. Works great.
Old 03-31-2005 | 08:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i. 30% Huper Optik tint. Sirius.

That last post was mine.
Old 04-01-2005 | 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

If you are looking for ALL the bells and whistles possible in a phone, get a Treo 650. Works like a charm with the e60's bluetooth.
Old 04-01-2005 | 10:16 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

I took me car to the dealers the other day to get my folding mirrors to work on the remote, I asked him about the BT because I couldn't get the phone book data from a nokia 6230 he told me that he has had some 6230 working fully it all depends on the software in the handsets,
so with that in mind I took my handset in for the a upgrade which means not having me phone for a week, if it works I will let you no
Old 04-01-2005 | 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, oubmw !
Old 04-01-2005 | 01:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Interior w/poplar wood trim, Tinted Windows, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stick-shift, Bluetooth, AUX Input

Originally Posted by johno535' date='Apr 1 2005, 02:16 PM
I took me car to the dealers the other day to get my folding mirrors to work on the remote, I asked him about the BT because I couldn't get the phone book data from a? nokia 6230 he told me that he has had some 6230 working fully it all depends on the software in the handsets,
so with that in mind I took my handset in for the a upgrade which means not having me phone for a week, if it works I will let you no
[snapback]109907[/snapback]

Hey, I didn't know that you could adjust the folding mirrors through the remote... You are referring to the external rear-view mirrors aren't you? If this can be done, does the dealer charge extra or can you do it for free??

Quick Reply: Best bluetooth phone?