Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Apple ipod video & Sony Ericsson P990i

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

Guys, do you know if you can have the Aux added if you already have a CD changer in the glovebox?
Does the CD changer use the aux input or have it's own?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by blingo' post='226111' date='Jan 18 2006, 01:58 PM
Guys, do you know if you can have the Aux added if you already have a CD changer in the glovebox?
Does the CD changer use the aux input or have it's own?

Thanks
I have both CD changer and aux input. Dealers sometimes get confused between iPod Connector (which is available on older BMW models, and conflicts with CD changer) and aux input.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by goldfish' post='225307' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:20 AM
I have an ipod video and going to get the new handphone, Sony Ericsson P990i, i am wondering whether these two devices are compatible with E60 525i 2006 model? Does 2006 model has the auxilary?

Anyone can help.
Sir, I just installed the connection to my Ipod and it works fine. Here is what you do. Buy cable from Bavauto.com ($79.00). Have dealer install (1hr labor - cost me $147). The removal of panels (the panel clips break when you do it and need to be replaced) is a pain and the AUX port needs to be activated in the cars computer. What you get is a connector mounted in the Glove box. Use a double male stereo audio jack cable and your in business. Note: No Ipod infomation comes up on the display in the car (just shows AUX port is activated) and the Ipod must be used to control play (no biggie for me). Works very well. Can control volume from steering wheel, but that is it. I am told BMW is coming out with a software change in the next 3-4 months that will allow info from the Ipod to be displayed and steering wheel controls to be used to navigate Ipod. You might want to wait. Bottom line: Works great and saves a ton of money over buying the CD changer.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by goldfish' post='225307' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:20 AM
I have an ipod video and going to get the new handphone, Sony Ericsson P990i, i am wondering whether these two devices are compatible with E60 525i 2006 model? Does 2006 model has the auxilary?

Anyone can help.
The P990 should have at least the functionality of the P910, which can make/receive calls thru the car but does not transfer the phone book to the car. I'm hopeful that the P990 will improve on this situation, but it's just hope. For more details, you can search here or on the r o a d f l y E63 BB for my articles on this topic, as I've investigated the Bluetooth issue in general and the P9xx series, in particular.

The P900 was completely lame: unable to support the necessary BT profile to connect to the car. The P910 improved on this, but the Object (file) Transfer profile still does not work, preventing the phone from delivering a copy of the phone book to the car.

I perceive that BMW has done a poor job of working with the handset mfrs to ensure that their BT implementation is compatible, but have not been able to generate a useful dialogue with anyone at SE or BMW. :thumbsdown:

cheers!

Robert
Old 01-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by cbren007' post='226175

Anyone can help.
Sir, I just installed the connection to my Ipod and it works fine. Here is what you do. Buy cable from Bavauto.com ($79.00). Have dealer install (1hr labor - cost me $147). The removal of panels (the panel clips break when you do it and need to be replaced) is a pain and the AUX port needs to be activated in the cars computer. What you get is a connector mounted in the Glove box. Use a double male stereo audio jack cable and your in business. Note: No Ipod infomation comes up on the display in the car (just shows AUX port is activated) and the Ipod must be used to control play (no biggie for me). Works very well. Can control volume from steering wheel, but that is it. I am told BMW is coming out with a software change in the next 3-4 months that will allow info from the Ipod to be displayed and steering wheel controls to be used to navigate Ipod. You might want to wait. Bottom line: Works great and saves a ton of money over buying the CD changer.
[/quote]

Who told you about the Ipod integration?