Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Anyway to remove the SOS idrive error?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you'll only find those options only in the cas.. But I eventually fixed my problems but inadvertently here's what happened first of all I didn't go from mulf to tcu as some did i went from non bt tcu to a bt enabled tcu. after i did the changes to the vo and changed the proper parameters to enable bt on the idrive I was successful and had bt working but also as a result i instantly had this sos error pop up every time i started my car. I tried all of the above solutions then on bmwcoding.com someone recommended adding -teld to the vo and recoding the car. here is my thread on that site

I did it and that was a total mistake not only did I still have the sos error, I ended up not having my bt working at all. I immediately removed -teld from the vo but it didn't reverse the damage. Then I realized not only was my bt no longer enabled on the idrive but some other things I had coded weren't enabled as well such as aux and removing weather band ect. so I figured when I recoded the car according to the VO everything got reset. I fixed all the parameters for everything over again keeping the -teld out of the vo. I just wanted everything working the way I had it previously before I went back to trying to solve the sos error. So after i made the changes everything worked again but the sos error was still there of course and also bt was enabled in the idrive menu but it wouldn't let my phone pair... I would make it all the way up to the passkey screen and I would just freeze while trying to pair.

After days of posting and questioning people I spoke to simon and he told me to go back into all modules reset everything and try all over again, so before i started resetting things because I had coded so much already I went back and looked at every module to make sure all setting were correct. When in the tcum I noticed a parameter called portable bt and it was set not not activ. Not knowing if changing it would help or not I gave it a try and set it to activ, after i coded the module i turned off the car and put it back on and I noticed the sos error didn't pop back up and also my phone was pairing again.... 2 birds in one stone.

so that was the key to my problem portable bt in the tcum module I never had to add that stupid -teld, but i guess doing so helped me solve the problem eventually... give it a shot you never know....
Old 05-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

OK, I did some research and here's what I did to eliminate the BMW Assist/SOS Error:

I added +TELD to the vehicle order in both CAS and LMA.

Using Ehassan's thread I reset the programming, one module at a time, to the factory default on the following modules: M-ASK, TCUM, KOMBI and SGM.

The error is gone!

Yes, Bluetooth still works. Also, you'll have to go back in to the re-programmed modules to re-code whatever changes were already preset (like removing the legal disclaimer, digital speed indication, etc.)

I hope this helps anyone else looking to get rid of this very annoying error.

Car: 2006 530i, M-ASK, CD-Changer, SAT Radio, Aux input
Old 05-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by txag_530i
OK, I did some research and here's what I did to eliminate the BMW Assist/SOS Error:

I added +TELD to the vehicle order in both CAS and LMA.

Using Ehassan's thread I reset the programming, one module at a time, to the factory default on the following modules: M-ASK, TCUM, KOMBI and SGM.

The error is gone!

Yes, Bluetooth still works. Also, you'll have to go back in to the re-programmed modules to re-code whatever changes were already preset (like removing the legal disclaimer, digital speed indication, etc.)

I hope this helps anyone else looking to get rid of this very annoying error.

Car: 2006 530i, M-ASK, CD-Changer, SAT Radio, Aux input
congrats bro i know exactly how you feel i was super happy when i fixed my bt and got rid of that damn error I love my bt so much i don't think i can live without it now
Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

Hey guys,
Can I buy a used TCU from a salvage yard and have it coded for my 2006 525i?
Thanks. please let me know.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Jtorches
Hey guys,
Can I buy a used TCU from a salvage yard and have it coded for my 2006 525i?
Thanks. please let me know.
The short answer is yes
Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

OK thanks, I'll try it. I bought one for $40 its from a 2005 but the labeling looks the same. I plugged it in and it looks like the SOS malfunction went away but still no audio. Hopefully my independant shop can code it and make it work. Keep u posted,
Old 08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
New Members

Alright guys, need some help here.

My car is an early, december 2003 manufacture date. I swapped out the original TCU with one from a 2006 and got everything working--no errors at all

Then I did a CIC retrofit and can't get rid of this damn'd sos malfunction message that comes up a minute or two after I start the car.

I have tried
TCM_ALIVE_ZAEHLER
aktiv ----> nicht_aktiv
TCM_ID_MONITOR
aktiv ----> nicht_aktiv
but it didn't help. Any other ideas? portable is set to aktive
Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

Did you follow the directions that I posted earlier in the thread?

post1445281
Old 08-29-2013, 05:15 PM
New Members

I'll have to check--I THOUGHT I had already added TELD and I know I have reset TCU, KOMBI, IHKA and CIC back to factory default but I guess I haven't reset them all technically

Will look shortly

I also set e-hardkey-fitted or whatever it is to nicht_aktiv, no change. I do have the button, just want the error to go away.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:55 PM
New Members

I added TELD a minute ago--SOS error or whatever was already up when I did the coding. I'll find out in the morning if it did the trick

Quick Reply: Anyway to remove the SOS idrive error?