Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Address book O2 XDA ATOM

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 08:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

I think the O2 is sold in the US under T-Mobile, it is a Pocket PC PDA Phone with Windows software.

Paring with the BMW is perfect, works great.

In the Bluetooth manager, I have 2 available features 1) Bluetooth hands free and 2) Serial Port.

The first is clear, had to enable hands free checkbox to get teh phone to work with the car system. Hands free works great.

The second, Serial Port, when enabled allowed me to view my phone book listings on the BMW screen. I can access the numbers with the I-Drive button, scrolling and selecting to "Call". Works fine.

My query, if I try to access the address book by name or number with Voice Command, the kind lady tells me "Phone Book is Empty". Even though I see the numbers on my I-Drive screen.

Now you should all know, I am not the smartest guy, so am I missing something? I have all my numbers displayed on the BMW screen, but I guess?? that they are not actually loaded to the BMW phone book?

Is there a trick or method to load the numbers to the car? Or is this the limit of the function to make the calls with the I-Drive button?

Any advise or experience in this case would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ted
Old 04-24-2007 | 05:38 AM
Senior Members

Hi tconner

Glad to hear that your O2 works great with the E60.

Yes, you did miss a thing or two; but no worries - please treat the kind lady with respect. She needs to be told (via voice commands) as she cannot see what is in the phonebook on the E60 screen!!

After you press the button on the steering, and if you remain silent, she will come back with "please speak"; otherwise TELL her to "Save Name" and you would be asked to provide a name (verbally of course!), and then the numbers (again verbally). Say "Correct" if you make a mistake somewhere and when you are done, just say "Save" and PRESTO, you have one name saved

You could ask the kind lady to call somebody within the saved list by saying "Call Name" and in turn she would ask you to provide the name, after which she will ask for confirmation. You just need to say "Yes" if she chooses the right name. Simple isn't it
Old 04-24-2007 | 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

If you have Pro Nav there is no way to Save an Address book that you can use for Voice. It will always only show you what your phone sends and the 'Pro' feature will try and do a Voice to Text search.
Old 05-06-2007 | 04:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='417184' date='Apr 24 2007, 08:45 PM
If you have Pro Nav there is no way to Save an Address book that you can use for Voice. It will always only show you what your phone sends and the 'Pro' feature will try and do a Voice to Text search.
Thanks Guys, now it makes sense, guess I have to save any name / number to the car memory with a voice tag so it knows what record to pull up, I was getting ahead of the system capabilities, no worries.
So best bet is to take the time to save the numbers that I use rather frequently to the car's address book then they will be available via voice command, again thanks, think I got it!
Cheers,
Ted