Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

7130C help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a 12/04 build with a newer TCU and new software ( loaded 2 weeks ago )

My BB 7130C ( AT&T ) has the newest software but still has connect / disconnect problems with the car.

BMW 800# help desk was no good. They say only the BB 8700 is fully approved.

Anyone else have this issue and help me out?

Thanks in advane.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoWalnuts' post='409352' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:29 AM
Have a 12/04 build with a newer TCU and new software ( loaded 2 weeks ago )

My BB 7130C ( AT&T ) has the newest software but still has connect / disconnect problems with the car.

BMW 800# help desk was no good. They say only the BB 8700 is fully approved.

Anyone else have this issue and help me out?

Thanks in advane.
Hi,
I'm running 4.1.0.381 on my 7130c and never had a problem with the e60. It is not very clear when you say "connect/disconnet" problems. Can you provide a little more details of whats exactly happening.

The only things I can think of are:
1. If you haven't set your 7130c to discoverable, every time you get into your car you have to make a few steps to pair.
2. There is another bluetooth device around which pairs with your BMW. BMW always keep the last paired bluetooth device active. I've also read somewhere that a 2.4G device close to the car can affect the connection (damn microwaves) but I don't know if this holds true.
3. You have a defective 7130c. There was a batch of early 7130c with defective bluetooth but this means that you should have experience the same problem anytime you have a bluetooth connection. Not just with the E60. I know this first hand as this is my second 7130c.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='409380' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:08 AM
Hi,
I'm running 4.1.0.381 on my 7130c and never had a problem with the e60. It is not very clear when you say "connect/disconnet" problems. Can you provide a little more details of whats exactly happening.

The only things I can think of are:
1. If you haven't set your 7130c to discoverable, every time you get into your car you have to make a few steps to pair.
2. There is another bluetooth device around which pairs with your BMW. BMW always keep the last paired bluetooth device active. I've also read somewhere that a 2.4G device close to the car can affect the connection (damn microwaves) but I don't know if this holds true.
3. You have a defective 7130c. There was a batch of early 7130c with defective bluetooth but this means that you should have experience the same problem anytime you have a bluetooth connection. Not just with the E60. I know this first hand as this is my second 7130c.

My discover is turned on.
No other devices getting in the way that I know of.
I am up to 4.1.0.381 as well.
It will connect right up when I get in the car but then drop the connection randomly and then reconnect automatically. I can see this happen by the little antenna and signal strength meter pop on and off on the bottom of the screen. My address book came over fine from the start and changes have been updating fine.
It is more than a bit aggravating since sometimes I can use the car interface and sometimes I have to wait for reconnect.

It could be the 7130C I guess. The only thing I ever paired with it previously was a headset. Which worked well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NoWalnuts' post='409404' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:59 AM
My discover is turned on.
No other devices getting in the way that I know of.
I am up to 4.1.0.381 as well.
It will connect right up when I get in the car but then drop the connection randomly and then reconnect automatically. I can see this happen by the little antenna and signal strength meter pop on and off on the bottom of the screen. My address book came over fine from the start and changes have been updating fine.
It is more than a bit aggravating since sometimes I can use the car interface and sometimes I have to wait for reconnect.

It could be the 7130C I guess. The only thing I ever paired with it previously was a headset. Which worked well.

Thanks in advance.
I could be wrong but the signal strength can dissapear if you are in an area of no coverage. This doesn't mean that your bluetooth connection is dropping. I have an area near my house when there is no signal. I have stopped at that area and the signal strength indicator on the 7130 and the car are in synch. However, the bluetooth connection remains.

The easiest way to check this is to look for your phone address book in the car when the signal strength indicator dissapears. If the phone book is not there then you have indeed lost the bluetooth connection.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='409453' date='Apr 1 2007, 04:24 PM
I could be wrong but the signal strength can dissapear if you are in an area of no coverage. This doesn't mean that your bluetooth connection is dropping. I have an area near my house when there is no signal. I have stopped at that area and the signal strength indicator on the 7130 and the car are in synch. However, the bluetooth connection remains.

The easiest way to check this is to look for your phone address book in the car when the signal strength indicator dissapears. If the phone book is not there then you have indeed lost the bluetooth connection.

No its dropping and then reconnecting. When I try to use the phone it brings up the imenu asking me to select a phone to connect.
I am going to see if the Cingular store will swap units with me for a trial.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NoWalnuts' post='409456' date='Apr 1 2007, 03:39 PM
No its dropping and then reconnecting. When I try to use the phone it brings up the imenu asking me to select a phone to connect.
I am going to see if the Cingular store will swap units with me for a trial.
Sounds like my old 7130c. Similar behavior when I had the defective 7130c. It was dropping the BT connection with my PC.

Good luck.