Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

2006 530 Bluetooth HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I just got bran new 2006 530i our company fleets and comapny use attws Moto V600.
However I can not connect to the bluetooth, so does my sales guy. He told me its automatically connect if I pairing the phone. But can not.
I went through all bluetooth infor available on the web but can not figure it out.
There no Bluetooth menu on Idrive as well so go figure that.
Turn on the car, accept lawer message then go to communication,
next went to click the phone menu. last least pairing the phone.... nothing.
Also there is indication for mobilephone signal strength icon.
But now my sale guy told me my V600 is older model and firmwear is not compairble to BMW.
Anyone have any clue?
Old 08-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

Once you check the Bluetooth screen from the communication option seen on the default I drive screen, you will need to acess the I Drive screen the takes you to car communication settings (just press the idrive down form the default screen) and then to the screen that gives you communication settings for the vehichle select the Bluetooth option form the top menu. Once you are on this screen bluetooth devices can be discovered.

I believe that the bluetooth discovery is only turned on if you are on that particular screen otherwise the phone doesn't recognize any bluetooth devices.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Members

Is this mean my Moto V600 phone will not work for BMW system?
Old 08-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

check the bluetooth/phone forum here...lots of good info there
Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Contributors

Read the attached manual.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

NOT True... V600 is not old enough to "not" be supported... I dont buy it. I dont have proof but my sister has a V600 and it pairs fine, and its one of the first ones that came out... here try these instructions.

ACTIVATING BLUETOOTH E60/E63/E64

This procedure must be carried out first in order to properly pair a handset to the vehicle.

[S8404U11.JPG]
1. From the start menu press briefly down on the controller.
2. Scroll down to the "Communication settings" and select.

[8404U123.JPG]
3. Select "Bluetooth" and press controller.
4. Select "Settings" and press controller.
5. Select "Bluetooth communication active" and press the controller to activate the connection.
8. Exit back to the start menu.

PAIRING THE HANDSET TO THE VEHICLE E60/E63/E64
[S8404U11.JPG]
Turn the key on.

From the start menu press briefly down on the controller.

Scroll down to the "Communication settings" and select.

[S8404U85.JPG]
Select "Bluetooth" and press controller.

Select "Phone" and press controller.

Once the message "Bluetooth connectable in this menu" is displayed the vehicle is in pairable mode.

[S8404U86.JPG]
Your handset should now be set to search for BT devices. See the Owner's Manual for your handset

In order to pair you must enter a random passkey both via the handset and via the CID. The passkey can be any number that you choose up to 16 digits long.

Via the CID select "Add device" and press controller.

[8404U122.JPG]
Enter your passkey. Depending on the handset, you will have approximately 30 seconds to enter the passkey on the handset and the CID.

Enter the same passkey in the handset and in the display.

Select "Confirm passkey and press the controller.

[S8404U87.JPG]
After a few seconds your device will be listed.

Depending on the handset, the device will ask you to accept connection.

You must exit this menu in order for the handset to operate correctly.

Turn the key off. When the key is turned on the handset will connect and transfer the phonebook entries from the handset. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the phonebook.

Up to 4 handsets can be paired to the vehicle.

Please consult the Owner's Manual of the handset for additional information.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:06 AM
Members

Thank you for tips.

Problem I have is there is no Bluetooth menu on i drive.
I spend good hr to figure it out.

I have Moto V600 from AT&T WS
Old 08-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Dasher' date='Aug 13 2005, 07:06 AM
Thank you for tips.

Problem I have is there is no Bluetooth menu on i drive.
I spend good hr to figure it out.

I have Moto V600 from AT&T WS
[snapback]158882[/snapback]
If u do not have any option for Bluetooth under the Communications menu it has nothing to do with your choice of cell phone.

Your vehicle needs to go back to dealer to get properly set up for Bluetooth use. It comes on all 2006 models so they got to get it available to you. Then the procedues EBMCS03 gave u will work for ur phone.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Senior Members

Don't forget, you have to set it up initially NOT from the COMMUNICATIONS screens, but rather from the CENTER/MAIN vehicle controls screen (when you press down the puck from the initial screen after the 'accept responsibility' is ok'ed). It's as it was described by EBMCS03 above.

If that still doesn't show any ability to access phone/bluetooth functions, then others are correct, that the dealer needs to enable the bluetooth functionality for you first. Then the other steps will work fine.

And Motorola has always worked with Bluetooth very well, they abide by the standards better than the other hardware manufacturers. Your phone is not the problem.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 550745540

A 2006 model should definitely have BT.

I recently took 2005 car in to dealer to have audio aux input installed. As part of process, they had to upgrade software. Technician mentioned that he did not have time to add the BT option. I explained to him that it was already on the car. So, it may be that your car has not been programmed for BT while it is capable in all other respects. Your dealer should be able to get this straightened out. Try to deal with service people instead of sales. The sales guys really know nothing about what they're selling.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: 2006 530 Bluetooth HELP!