Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

03/04 to 08/04 BLUETOOTH CAN BE DONE WITH CODING! NO $$&

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgm001
I don't have navi, so I don't think my idrive is CCC, plus I just tried what you said and it didn't work !!

I can call and receive phone call and talk, I'm only having problem with downloading my contacts into the idrive !

I have an Iphone 4 with IOS 5.0.1 jailbreak..Do you think Idrive does not support IOS5? or the jailbreak? or something else ?

Thank you
I am running same setup. CCC or MASK shouldn't make difference. Can you see the letters of your contacts in iDrive? and do they line up with what is your phone book? Example: you have A.B.E. in your idrive at the top when you select contacts and in your phone you have names that start with A B E and no C or D. Hope that makes sense lol. It did this to me before making the corrections in my phonebook on my phone. Make sure you deleted all 1's and +'s
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Every 1's and + are deleted, the only number with a 1 is my number, that I can see on top of my contact list.

Yes I can see the letters of my contact on the idrive, ( Example: A.B.C.E.P.S.T) I hope you understand what I want to say

Even without the 1's and + deleted, the idrve don't want to show up my contact list,,

May it be a coding problem, or my Idrive may not support iphone 4 ios5,,, but if it's the idrive version the issue, why can I make phone calls,that's doesn't make sense,,

So much trouble for a small little thing lol
Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Members

Im running ios5 and no problems. Try using the "forget this device" for the bmw under bluetooth on the iPhone and then repair the two.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

I've already did that and nothing change !

could it be caused by icloud ? cuz my contact sync with it !
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Members

I wouldnt think so but I suppose its possible. I dont use iCloud.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by brendinernst
I wouldnt think so but I suppose its possible. I dont use iCloud.
I tried it without Icloud, and it doesn't work...I think it's all about the idrive version,, maybe an update should fix it !
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

i think i want to get a ccc update too and I don't wanna pay much to do it but im already experiencing this problem with my andriod evo3d but i plan on getting iphone 5 on that new lte and id like my contacts working for the new phone.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yeah, when do the iphone 5 be available ? lol I 'm want it TOO !!!! lol, bro can we do the idrive update throught winkfp or is tool32 to perform this ?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tgm001
Yeah, when do the iphone 5 be available ? lol I 'm want it TOO !!!! lol, bro can we do the idrive update throught winkfp or is tool32 to perform this ?
with apple you never know but i'm guessing somewhere between august and october.

winkfp and 6 hours and a battery tender, I refuse to do it myself because im scared i might brick my car. with winkfp apparently its a lot easier to mess things up with that program vs ncs. I tried looking up tuts online but nothing is clear enough for me the have the confidence that i can handle it or be able to know what to do should something go wrong during update. I tried making a thread requesting someone in the nyc area with experience to do it for me but no one responded. I'd hate to give bmw the money after i already did all the work and all i'm missing is contacts.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by spediegunz
with apple you never know but i'm guessing somewhere between august and october.

winkfp and 6 hours and a battery tender, I refuse to do it myself because im scared i might brick my car. with winkfp apparently its a lot easier to mess things up with that program vs ncs. I tried looking up tuts online but nothing is clear enough for me the have the confidence that i can handle it or be able to know what to do should something go wrong during update. I tried making a thread requesting someone in the nyc area with experience to do it for me but no one responded. I'd hate to give bmw the money after i already did all the work and all i'm missing is contacts.
Apple is like the CIA, everything is a secret ! lol,,

Oh yeahh, damn, I tought winkfp was user friendly , I'll try to learn of it work, and if I find a good diy or a video showin exactly how to make a update right, I'll let you know bro for sur !

Quick Reply: 03/04 to 08/04 BLUETOOTH CAN BE DONE WITH CODING! NO $$&