Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

Euro Dyne || Looking for E60s willing to test fit...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='601747
lol...joe it was definitely a pleasure meeting you earlier this afternoon. the e60 community is very fortunate to have a dedicated vendor of your caliber!

now for a public announcement...or a debrief to say the least...

today's events was definitely fruitful and the items we tested fitted all had much potential! let me outline the event as follows:

1. HM Style CF Front Bumper
The fitment was definitely dead on. With the proper tools and workmanship of a reputable body shop, the bumper can be installed in no time...we did have minor quirks to to work on for the final product. The mesh grille has got to go. the pattern was just too far apart. we will source out a mesh with a tighter pattern. Another obstacle we encounter was the fog light outlet...It was a bit oval versus a true round fog light. There are two ways to go about this. One, we can have the mold redone to get a perfect 3.5 inch diameter. Two, joe and I can source out a fog light that is already oval. I would suggest the latter since this will cut manufacturing time and not have to wait for another mold. What are your thoughts?

2. HM Style CF Side Skirts
The production was just sexy. The CF weave is excellent! BUT...it didn't fit. The skirt just short half an inch. Their would be a degree of difficulty for a body shop to get this to fit and have a big possibility of having the skirts stretch out and bulge out around the door sill area.. These pieces definitely have to have a second sample made...

3. HM Style CF Front Lip
The lip was not test fitted at all since Joe has a Hamann bumper. This may fit on an mtech bumper. Any volunteers? Do I hear Macfly coming? lol...

4. HM Style CF Rear Diffuser
The diffuser had beautiful accents. I personally liked this piece the best. Thing is though, we figured this is not for the mtech rear bumper. I still need a volunteer to have this tested on a regular bumper. Joe suggested that we should have this diffuser available for a quad/dual exhaust setup since the current sample will only allow a single inlet.

Now, I know what all of you are thinking...WHERE ARE THE IMAGES? lol...because of server issues at work, we haven't had internet access for a week! that's why i make my posts at night...here's the thing...because i was in a hurry to watch the celtics game, i forgot my dslr at work. lol, Go Celtics! (side note, i'm boston grown =P) i promise to post pictures tomorrow night!

Last but not the least, I would also like to announce that Trinity Autosport will be the exclusive retailer for all our e60 products. Joe and I decided to go with this route since he's already a household name in the e60 community. His superb customer service is invaluable. His vast knowledge on the e60 chassis is far beyond my grasp...I have a lot to learn from this man. I'm very fortunate to be teaming up with Joe on Euro Dyne's e60 projects.

For future inquiries, please direct your questions to r1racer and Trinity Autosport, your number one source for e60 mods!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Euro Dyne' post='601789' date='Jun 13 2008, 02:16 AM
yes we do =)...

lol...joe it was definitely a pleasure meeting you earlier this afternoon. the e60 community is very fortunate to have a dedicated vendor of your caliber!

now for a public announcement...or a debrief to say the least...

today's events was definitely fruitful and the items we tested fitted all had much potential! let me outline the event as follows:

1. HM Style CF Front Bumper
The fitment was definitely dead on. With the proper tools and workmanship of a reputable body shop, the bumper can be installed in no time...we did have minor quirks to to work on for the final product. The mesh grille has got to go. the pattern was just too far apart. we will source out a mesh with a tighter pattern. Another obstacle we encounter was the fog light outlet...It was a bit oval versus a true round fog light. There are two ways to go about this. One, we can have the mold redone to get a perfect 3.5 inch diameter. Two, joe and I can source out a fog light that is already oval. I would suggest the latter since this will cut manufacturing time and not have to wait for another mold. What are your thoughts?

2. HM Style CF Side Skirts
The production was just sexy. The CF weave is excellent! BUT...it didn't fit. The skirt just short half an inch. Their would be a degree of difficulty for a body shop to get this to fit and have a big possibility of having the skirts stretch out and bulge out around the door sill area.. These pieces definitely have to have a second sample made...

3. HM Style CF Front Lip
The lip was not test fitted at all since Joe has a Hamann bumper. This may fit on an mtech bumper. Any volunteers? Do I hear Macfly coming? lol...

4. HM Style CF Rear Diffuser
The diffuser had beautiful accents. I personally liked this piece the best. Thing is though, we figured this is not for the mtech rear bumper. I still need a volunteer to have this tested on a regular bumper. Joe suggested that we should have this diffuser available for a quad/dual exhaust setup since the current sample will only allow a single inlet.

Now, I know what all of you are thinking...WHERE ARE THE IMAGES? lol...because of server issues at work, we haven't had internet access for a week! that's why i make my posts at night...here's the thing...because i was in a hurry to watch the celtics game, i forgot my dslr at work. lol, Go Celtics! (side note, i'm boston grown =P) i promise to post pictures tomorrow night!

Last but not the least, I would also like to announce that Trinity Autosport will be the exclusive retailer for all our e60 products. Joe and I decided to go with this route since he's already a household name in the e60 community. His superb customer service is invaluable. His vast knowledge on the e60 chassis is far beyond my grasp...I have a lot to learn from this man. I'm very fortunate to be teaming up with Joe on Euro Dyne's e60 projects.

For future inquiries, please direct your questions to r1racer and Trinity Autosport, your number one source for e60 mods!
Jo,

It was a pleasure meeting with you yesterday. You're an outstanding gentleman. I can't wait for the finish products. I am happy to be the exlusive retailer for your parts.

I would like your opinion on the fog lights. Do we keep it as it or cut it out round? Thank you everyone for their input.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

does that mean if we bought the front bumper we'd also have to purchase new fog lights? if that's the case i vote for rounding out the fog light because i don't want to be purchasing other stuff.

michael

Originally Posted by r1racer' post='602281' date='Jun 13 2008, 06:48 PM
Jo,

It was a pleasure meeting with you yesterday. You're an outstanding gentleman. I can't wait for the finish products. I am happy to be the exlusive retailer for your parts.

I would like your opinion on the fog lights. Do we keep it as it or cut it out round? Thank you everyone for their input.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='602320' date='Jun 13 2008, 07:50 PM
does that mean if we bought the front bumper we'd also have to purchase new fog lights? if that's the case i vote for rounding out the fog light because i don't want to be purchasing other stuff.

michael
Michael,

I can work with Jo regarding the fog lights...what if it was included?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

Originally Posted by Euro Dyne' post='600319' date='Jun 11 2008, 03:44 AM
lol...dude, not to go OT on my own thread, but when i look at ur sig, i remember vividly all our 5's in that parking garage! lol, too many photographers that gloomy day! haha! but damn our pictures came out really nice!

jo...
I will gladly volunteer my e39 for testing.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats Joe
Old 06-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

would not including it lower the price?

i know you guys really want to get the product to market but i'd rather use as little aftermarket parts as possible to get it working. but that's just me.

michael

Originally Posted by r1racer' post='602329' date='Jun 13 2008, 08:09 PM
Michael,

I can work with Jo regarding the fog lights...what if it was included?
Old 06-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='602320
Jo,

the pros and the cons...=)

if we go with rounded fogs...we'll wait for a much lengthier time to get a new mold done to have a new sample in. time is not only a factor since the factory will also factor in more expense and thus trigger the ROI cost for the bumper...which would evidently increase the retail price on these bumpers...but then we'll have a rounded fog =)...

now if we go with an oval like fog...no new mold required, no increasing factor in retail price...not to worry, i'll be able to source fogs that would the bumper. that's not a problem. and it will be free with the bumper =)...

so in the end, its about cost...=)...

anyway here are the pics!!!

the bumper...

the short skirts...=( man and to think this piece was well made...too bad it was just short...

Originally Posted by BlueMajik' post='602337' date='Jun 13 2008, 08:43 PM
I will gladly volunteer my e39 for testing.
e39?
Old 06-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Contributors

3. HM Style CF Front Lip
jo, salamat pare!

call me at your earliest convenience and we can set it up, i'm not too far from you. be glad to help.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Former Vendor

YEA JO!!!! That looks SICK!

I need your input guys...round fog = more cost or leave as is and we will provide you the fog lights? Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Euro Dyne || Looking for E60s willing to test fit...