Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

E60 M5-M technic trunk finisher U.S and Euro version! 525 530 545

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by quad_m' post='474329' date='Sep 25 2007, 10:25 PM
And once again I am not a dealership and there is no way I can sell any bmw parts at the same price as them please understand..
I'm surprised you would actually say what you just said. You basically are telling customers to buy from you, even though, you can't get it cheaper than an actual dealership. Well, why should we buy from you then??? I just don't understand why we, as the consumer, should pay you more for what an actual dealership charges. I guess that's what doesn't make sense to me... I'm sure you're a super nice guy, but that doesn't justify paying you more because you can't negotiate to get a better discount for us, right? That is the real purpose of buying from you for OEM parts anyway, right?

When you first started selling the M-Tech kits to us on this forum last year, you were a good deal, but I'm not too sure anymore. Did you know Garry is selling the M-Tech kit for $1,250. You want $1,500 on your eBay store. Now, I get that your shipping is free, but since I live in NY and Garry is in Rhode Island, shipping is pennies for those that live on the east coast. I also recently heard from some of your customers that they received kits from you with missing parts. I doubt this would happen from a dealer, since the boxes are probably direct from BMW.

Well, it's good for those on here to know that your pricing is higher and above a dealerships, such as BMW of Newport. I guess for those customers that haven't ordered from you yet, it's up to them to decide whether paying you more is worth it over paying less to an actual dealer. Personally, I would go direct to a dealer for OEM if they are a lot cheaper. I've purchased from Garry many times in the past and his 25% discount to all members on this forum is great.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

wow, i didnt know the kit was that cheap, even though my full mtech E90 kit was only $850 + $100 shipping. I could have had it painted for less locally and had it within a week. BUT To be fair, there is always someone who will come in the picture and undercut others...Tony has built a strong relationship with customers here, and that honestly and service goes a long way. I agree that I would get the finisher for less at the dealer, but lets just see how Tony responds to the competition, Im sure he can step up for us all again.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

dear Calton I dont why you talk about Gary so much in every post

I am a nice guy and everything but you really are getting this wrong I dont send missing parts to customers just like that
sometimes my employee does the packaging and I am not able to check if he seals it anybody that received anything missing
from full kit or any front bumper they did receive it next day air. Since then "khooger" received missing hardware which it will be
shipped tomorrow to his house for his front bumper..

Calton,
I dont have time for Online Drama that you are getting into I am a dedicated person to this forum and I see every member
like a family and treat them as such.Fyi, I never did anything wrong to anybody out of hundreds of transactions.

and trust me I have so many people behind me and know who really I am and it wont really work what you trying to accomplish!
but I am glad you did it so people can see how a success makes others!

You started with m trunk finisher and now you are slowly want to get into other parts and prices good work!!

Clearly, I kindly want you to respect what I have been doing since may 06 serving hundreds of Bmw owners and dont come up and
try to bash me and my services. If anybody wants to go and purchase from somewhere else its thier choice
this is America and everybody is free how to sell at what price and buy from anywhere they want to.

I sell the kits with shipping included and much cheaper prices from ebay store I have for e60.net members.

So PLEASE kindly do not keep posting some other stories ideas or promotions..

if they want to sponsor this site they will have to pay like I do and Respect others reputation and hard work

All the best to you and I hope you wont keep doing this

thank you,
Tony

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='474501' date='Sep 26 2007, 10:17 AM
I'm surprised you would actually say what you just said. You basically are telling customers to buy from you, even though, you can't get it cheaper than an actual dealership. Well, why should we buy from you then??? I just don't understand why we, as the consumer, should pay you more for what an actual dealership charges. I guess that's what doesn't make sense to me... I'm sure you're a super nice guy, but that doesn't justify paying you more because you can't negotiate to get a better discount for us, right? That is the real purpose of buying from you for OEM parts anyway, right?

When you first started selling the M-Tech kits to us on this forum last year, you were a good deal, but I'm not too sure anymore. Did you know Garry is selling the M-Tech kit for $1,250. You want $1,500 on your eBay store. Now, I get that your shipping is free, but since I live in NY and Garry is in Rhode Island, shipping is pennies for those that live on the east coast. I also recently heard from some of your customers that they received kits from you with missing parts. I doubt this would happen from a dealer, since the boxes are probably direct from BMW.

Well, it's good for those on here to know that your pricing is higher and above a dealerships, such as BMW of Newport. I guess for those customers that haven't ordered from you yet, it's up to them to decide whether paying you more is worth it over paying less to an actual dealer. Personally, I would go direct to a dealer for OEM if they are a lot cheaper. I've purchased from Garry many times in the past and his 25% discount to all members on this forum is great.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I think it's fair that every member on this forum, old or new, knows that a few BMW dealers sell these EXACT same parts for cheaper. That's all that matters. Should they order from you, that's great. I think that's awesome, as it helps you with your business. But from the posts I'v read over the years, people looking for OEM parts want the best deal, especially when the price starts getting up there.

However, I know that many people on this forum do their own research. They might not know that most of the OEM parts that you sell, can be had for cheaper.

As you clearly stated to me over and over, "you can't compete with BMW dealerships, therefore, your pricing is higher". Sorry, but I'm just curious as to why we should pay you more then? I can't speak for members in Europe and what their cost is, but considering the US dollar is pretty weak, I'm sure you are a good deal to them. However, those in the US, especially those on the east coast, can save a few hundred dollars by going to the BMW dealerships in our area that offer E60.net members 25% off.

The only reason this issue came up was because I PM'ed you twice about this Trunk Finisher and never heard back. You know I do my research, hence the reason I've never purchased from you before. When I ordered a wheel from Garry last year, you wanted MSRP! There wasn't even a discount. When I told you I could get the finisher for half the price you were charging, yet you've sold plenty of them to other members on this forum, you still couldn't justify it. That didn't sit well with me. I know you have lots of fans on this forum and I know you have plenty of praise, but price is price and it's fair that we, as contributing members on this forum, speak up and tell others what other pricing is out there.

People ask me all the time where I got some of my mods and what I paid. Should I refer them to you, knowing full well, you charge more?

I just bought the Trunk Finisher from a BMW dealer, painted, for $250. You wanted $400. Why should I or anyone else on this forum, pay you an additional $150?

You are a quality seller with exceptional service. Your pricing is just not that competitive for some of us. That's really all that it comes down to. Compete with these dealerships and you will own the market share.

I want to make it clear that I am not here to bring you down or hurt your business, so please don't make me look like the bad guy here. I'd much rather see you as the main reseller of OEM products for all of us, so we don't have to give our money to BMW directly. I support small business' 100%.

I also think it's funny how you sent me a PM tonight, but then blocked me from receiving messages. I hadn't planned on bringing this out in the open, but since you took it upon yourself to do so, I had to reply to this.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='474737' date='Sep 26 2007, 10:03 PM
I think it's fair that every member on this forum, old or new, knows that a few BMW dealers sell these EXACT same parts for cheaper. That's all that matters. Should they order from you, that's great. I think that's awesome, as it helps you with your business. But from the posts I'v read over the years, people looking for OEM parts want the best deal, especially when the price starts getting up there.

However, I know that many people on this forum do their own research. They might not know that most of the OEM parts that you sell, can be had for cheaper.

As you clearly stated to me over and over, "you can't compete with BMW dealerships, therefore, your pricing is higher". Sorry, but I'm just curious as to why we should pay you more then? I can't speak for members in Europe and what their cost is, but considering the US dollar is pretty weak, I'm sure you are a good deal to them. However, those in the US, especially those on the east coast, can save a few hundred dollars by going to the BMW dealerships in our area that offer E60.net members 25% off.

The only reason this issue came up was because I PM'ed you twice about this Trunk Finisher and never heard back. You know I do my research, hence the reason I've never purchased from you before. When I ordered a wheel from Garry last year, you wanted MSRP! There wasn't even a discount. When I told you I could get the finisher for half the price you were charging, yet you've sold plenty of them to other members on this forum, you still couldn't justify it. That didn't sit well with me. I know you have lots of fans on this forum and I know you have plenty of praise, but price is price and it's fair that we, as contributing members on this forum, speak up and tell others what other pricing is out there.

People ask me all the time where I got some of my mods and what I paid. Should I refer them to you, knowing full well, you charge more?

I just bought the Trunk Finisher from a BMW dealer, painted, for $250. You wanted $400. Why should I or anyone else on this forum, pay you an additional $150?

You are a quality seller with exceptional service. Your pricing is just not that competitive for some of us. That's really all that it comes down to. Compete with these dealerships and you will own the market share.

I want to make it clear that I am not here to bring you down or hurt your business, so please don't make me look like the bad guy here. I'd much rather see you as the main reseller of OEM products for all of us, so we don't have to give our money to BMW directly. I support small business' 100%.

I also think it's funny how you sent me a PM tonight, but then blocked me from receiving messages. I hadn't planned on bringing this out in the open, but since you took it upon yourself to do so, I had to reply to this.
ok I understand. case closed

ps: like I said before I will talk to bmw to see if they can help me for this M trunk finisher part to get it cheaper.

good night.
tony