Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

▀▄ eas | NEW GIAC Stage 1 & 2 software [Handheld Switcher Avai

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are proud to announce that european auto source is your Orange County's authorized GIAC flash facility.

GIAC is a software engineering company with 17 years experience tuning cars known for creating "factory smooth" performance software with exceptional power and reliability. Our software replaces the standard software in your car?s engine control unit. It is programmed to adjust ignition timing, fuel delivery, fuel metering, boost settings, rev limiters, and/or speed limiters to optimize performance and, in some applications, fuel economy.

Performance-tuned programs are designed to dramatically increase torque and HP without sacrificing smooth drivability. Many programs are also created to accommodate numerous after market performance modifications.

GIAC has just announced handheld switching options for N54 powered BMWs. GIAC is the first in the world to offer a flash solution with on-the-fly selectable programs. This handheld switching technology is quick and seamless, allowing for programs to be selected even while driving (though, we don't recommend it for safety reasons). In addition to the pump 91/93 octane (95/98 RON) currently available, we will be offering a 100 octane (104 RON) option. This calibration is also compatible with methanol injection (50/50 mixture or higher, 375ml nozzle size), and is available for both stage 1 and stage 2. A stock mode is also available for purchase which reduces performance and drivability to factory levels. Finally, we will be offering a valet mode that dramatically reduces power output and throttle sensitivity so that curious attendants cannot enjoy the true power of your N54.

Power gains on our stage 1 pump gas calibration are 53 horsepower and 68 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. Additionally, the race gas/water meth calibration gains are measured at 67 horsepower and 97 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels.

For Stage 2 Software, the calibration has the same smooth drivability of our Stage 1 N54 calibration, but takes flash software performance to a whole new level. Power gains on our pump gas calibration are 104 horsepower and 108 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. Race gas/water meth calibration (previously referred to as Stage 2+) gains are measured at 125 horsepower and 146 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. The test cars were outfitted with the following hardware:

- Dual cone intake
- Upgraded front mounted intercooler
- Downpipes (high flow catted downpipes are acceptable)
- Cat back exhaust system (with secondary cats removed or replaced with high flow cats)

MSRP for the Stage 1 pump fuel software is $800.00.

Stage 2 pump fuel software has an MSRP of $1000.00 (upgrade from stage 1 is +$200.00).

Pricing for switching options is the same for both stage 1 and stage 2. Customers who have options, and upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2, will be able to retain them. However, customers cannot trade in their options in order to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2.

GIAC handheld switching option (additional to tune):

Handheld switcher: $150.00 (required for switching options)
Stock Mode: +$100.00 (free for customers who purchase a handheld within the 30 days of switching release)
Race Mode: +$200.00
Valet Mode: +$100.00

FYI: You cannot run the GIAC stage 1 and stage 2 concurrently on the same vehicle.

GIAC - Stage1 ECU Power Upgrade for N54

GIAC - Stage2 ECU Power Upgrade for N54

Vehicles compatible with this upgrade are: 135i, 335i, 535i, X5, X6, Z4 35i.
AWD Xi vehicles are also compatible. Calibrations are transmission specific, so be sure to specify when submitting any file requests.

Free overnight return shipping on all orders in the Continental U.S.

If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, send us a PM, e-mail or give us a call at 866.669.0705
Old 09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

can S2 be done without bolt on mods? or are dp's, fmic, and exhaust required?

nice to see the hand help map switcher is finally out...

GLWS...
Old 09-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Space Gray Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navi, Automatic. HID 10000K Angel Eyes, 8000K Low Beam and Fog Lights... Next up: MTech Kit, Sound System and Backup Camera, and maybe some new shoes!!

has any 535i owners done this upgrade, and if so.....does it really make a big difference?

thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by raven108
has any 535i owners done this upgrade, and if so.....does it really make a big difference?

thanks!
member G530 has GIAC S1 on his 535i....shoot him a pm...
Old 09-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
can S2 be done without bolt on mods? or are dp's, fmic, and exhaust required?

nice to see the hand help map switcher is finally out...

GLWS...
For the Stage 2 you would need downpipes, front mount intercooler and intake at least.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by david @ eas
For the Stage 2 you would need downpipes, front mount intercooler and intake at least.
Is there an FMIC available for the e60 N54? I've read recently that AA has one, but no confirmation yet. Reason being as 1 series and 3 series N54 FMIC's do not fit on e60 N54 engines as there are lines there that make an FMIC hard to mount. Most vendors seem to list all models of the N54 together for an FMIC not knowing this....
Old 09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Well look what just showed up:

Who's next?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Contributors

Don't miss out on the free Stock Flash with the purchase of a handheld switcher, offer ends this FRIDAY!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

what do you have for the 545i?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by No Onions
what do you have for the 545i?
Unfortunately no GIAC flashes are available at this time for your vehicle.

Quick Reply: ▀▄ eas | NEW GIAC Stage 1 & 2 software [Handheld Switcher Avai