7 Series Discussion A place for 7 series owners and those curious.

what do you guys think of these wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='775623' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:58 PM
Capitol Forged is a pretty new company. Havent heard much info on these. Could be either a good thing, or a bad thing.

Sorry, I heard from around that this company no longer exist. My sources could be wrong.

Forgiato - Good quality with some very unique designs
VIP Modular - Clean styles and dependable
Asanti - Pass
360 Forged - Nice stuff, but a little on the pricey compared to the competition. If you could afford it. go for it.
iForged - Older company that been around for quit some time now.

My suggestions are Vellano. Quality of the product is excellent and customer support and service from Vellano is hands down, one of the best Ive ever dealt with. I rank Vellano's customer as high as HRE's customer service.
I will look into the Vellano, I dont care that much for Asanti. I just got a quote for the 360 forged and damn they are expensive. Not sure about iForged the styles dont really apeal to me much. I have not heard fo the VIP but will check them out. Forgiato has some really cool styles but may be a bit to flashy for me. Thanks for the info Sam. How is the Vellano stuff priced compared to the others?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

Oh boy I just checked out the VIP modular wheels and i love the designs. The VR02 VR 05 VR 06 and the VR08.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

Pay a little more for the Vellano and know that you have a great company that will back you up. The Vellano's should be less than the 360Forged.

Originally Posted by KU530' post='775472
Check out wheels from forgiato, VIP modular, asanti, 360 forged, iforged
Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='775689' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:13 PM
Pay a little more for the Vellano and know that you have a great company that will back you up. The Vellano's should be less than the 360Forged.
Wow just checked out the Vellano's those are nice. They have a ton of styles to choose from. I will have to find someone that sells them.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Contributors

I think the vienna would rock on your 7!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Members

sevas :thumbsdown: only grab them if you want to risk you and your passengers death. Known to explode as a member here had that happen to his.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

If you go with VIPs, SonicMS carries them and can give you a great price. Sam probably can too but I don't know if he carries them. Several members here have or had VIPs on their car (Vegastrashed, delje08, Glock-357, aznunknownx, uzzle...) and can give you their feedback.

I remember reading the drama about the Sevas wheels a while back but I believe the failures they had were with their one piece cast wheels and not these forged ones. Even so, the argument was why would you go with a company that had any type of historical quality issues before when you have the option to go with someone else. That's all up to you. Now whether they're still in business or not is a different problem.

Good luck with your decision. Should be a fun one.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='775714' date='Jan 23 2009, 01:39 PM
Wow just checked out the Vellano's those are nice. They have a ton of styles to choose from. I will have to find someone that sells them.
Where are you from? I will talk to my Vellano rep and see if there is a retailer in your area.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='775804' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:24 PM
If you go with VIPs, SonicMS carries them and can give you a great price. Sam probably can too but I don't know if he carries them. Several members here have or had VIPs on their car (Vegastrashed, delje08, Glock-357, aznunknownx, uzzle...) and can give you their feedback.

I remember reading the drama about the Sevas wheels a while back but I believe the failures they had were with their one piece cast wheels and not these forged ones. Even so, the argument was why would you go with a company that had any type of historical quality issues before when you have the option to go with someone else. That's all up to you. Now whether they're still in business or not is a different problem.

Good luck with your decision. Should be a fun one.
Yup, sorry but no VIP here.

I can help you get in touch with the Vellano people.

Call Sonic and talk to Darwin.

As far as Sevas, there known problem was with the one piece line, but I personally know some people that also have had major problems with the 3 piece forged line. Regardless, I think they are out of business now.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='775882
Yup, sorry but no VIP here.

I can help you get in touch with the Vellano people.

Call Sonic and talk to Darwin.

As far as Sevas, there known problem was with the one piece line, but I personally know some people that also have had major problems with the 3 piece forged line. Regardless, I think they are out of business now.
I have worked with Darwin I bought my RD Sport exhaust from him.

Quick Reply: what do you guys think of these wheels