7 Series Discussion A place for 7 series owners and those curious.

IPOD interface in my 750Li

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 750Li, & 03 E500 & 06 550i

After a little sorting out and some professional help, finally got my Dension GW500 installed today. My own attempts werent too far off but Joe, Fantastic 5 that sold me the GW500, hooked me up with Chris here in So Cal, and an hour later I was connected and everything is working perfectly.

It loads the IPOD and displays the songs in about one second and I can see all of the display from my classic ipod so can search by Artist, Playlists, Song title, etc. Very cool and based on what I have named the IPOD, it says if its my IPOD connected or my wifes. If we still want to use the CD Changer, we hit the switch in the glove box and its back on. Very user friendly. Took my wife all of about 5 min to figure it out and that was the real test.

Marqiues, Joe, thanks again guys.

FYI, the one thing that Chris did different than the install attempts I made, was he didnt connect it directly to the CDC. He used that other Fibre Optic, which he said is a loop and that is connected on the backside of the liner of the glovebox. Took him about 20 min to get it all connected, we tested it and then the rest of the time was running wires and cleaning up to make everything hidden but accessible.