6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

SUVs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are SUVs the only ones that cause damage to my car? Few months ago one left a pretty nice ding on my driverside door.

Today, another big ass SUV backed up into my driverside mirror(it folded inward) and door. Left a nice mark on both pieces, could be buffed out I think. Bitch left me a note on my windshield but I don't think I'll bother. I'll just buff it out myself.

Damn SUVs...

Oh well I'm looking at the brightside, atleast I didn't get messed up like Tbal...haha j/k man...
Old 04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by jostan' post='855825' date='Apr 22 2009, 09:05 PM
Why are SUVs the only ones that cause damage to my car? Few months ago one left a pretty nice ding on my driverside door.

Today, another big ass SUV backed up into my driverside mirror(it folded inward) and door. Left a nice mark on both pieces, could be buffed out I think. Bitch left me a note on my windshield but I don't think I'll bother. I'll just buff it out myself.

Damn SUVs...

Oh well I'm looking at the brightside, atleast I didn't get messed up like Tbal...haha j/k man...
In the few months I have been driving, I have learned to park 23.76 miles away from the place you are going

I always park in the back of a lot, next to a curb or a wall, away from SUV's, and dreaded minivans

Hope you get everything nice and buffed out.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by jostan' post='855825' date='Apr 22 2009, 09:05 PM

Damn SUVs...

If she left a note and its more than a buff I'd call. Very rare that happens!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Members

Yeah, kind of dumb of me to park on the edge. Thought I would avoid door dings by parking there haha.

She left me her name/number/plate#/make/model of her car(guess she's a good person)....I'll let her slide since damage isn't that bad.

I guess I'm gonna have to switch back to my old parking spot... next to a pillar, it's a bitch backing out of there.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Members

My Ride: '07 650i

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='855887' date='Apr 23 2009, 07:18 AM
In the few months I have been driving, I have learned to park 23.76 miles away from the place you are going

I always park in the back of a lot, next to a curb or a wall, away from SUV's, and dreaded minivans

Hope you get everything nice and buffed out.
+100 !
Old 04-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

shity deal man, atleast you buffed it out...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Members

Pretty shocking that she left a note. On the bright side, good thing the damages arn't too bad.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Members

Nah haven't buffed it yet...gonna try to do it up this weekend. Might polish whole car while I'm at it.

just glad there was no frame damage.

I'm done parking on the edge of a crowded parking garage, lesson learnt.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 650i

i would be pissed
Old 05-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Members

It buffed out in a few mins, can't even tell it was there if looking directly at the spot now. But when you look at an angle you can see a small dent. You have to look very closely standing from the front of the car.

The dent is very small but it still bothers me, any of you guys ever fix a small dent yourself? If so what method did you use? Thanks.

Quick Reply: SUVs