6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Sightly off topic - 6 series

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just dropped my car into the dealer this morning to have the latest i-drive software upgrade which they say will take 2 days

However, they have given me a 645Ci as a loan car to trial. What a fantastic car. The V8 engine note is superb and sounds like a quieter version of the Nascars that I hear daily around the Rockingham oval. This car is sublimely quick and I am now very envious of all the lucky 645 owners out there. The interior is very comfortable with a lot more space than I had envisaged. The panoramic glass sunroof lets in lots of light which adds to the feeling of space inside. This car feels special and is a true grand tourer. I would certainly have to opt for the top quality leather if I ever decide to have one.

Now then, should I give it back to them or tell them to keep my 5 ....... hee hee
Old 05-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

What do u think of the styling? I find the rear end looking a lot like a Chrysler Sebring (?) which is a bit ugly
Old 05-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Members

I saw one in Los Angeles a couple months ago. Sound was awesome, although I thought the looks weren't so hot (convertible, top down). The photos in press releases looked great, but in person I wasn't too excited. My fiance was ready to trade in her M3 for the 6 series but changed her mind after seeing it.

I asked a US dealer about the availability, sicne I didn't see one in the showroom. He said they were selling before they hit the lot and the only dealers that had them were asking $20K over sticker. Production he said was limited to 8000 units for convertible & coupes combined.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

I have to say that I really like the styling. The rear end is a much better execution of the 7 series theme and the car has certainly drawn favourable comments from all of my colleagues when I brought it back to my office today.

The car I have is stratus grey with the light beige interior and this combination works really well on the car. If they bring out a 635d Ci in the UK I've got to have one.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Members

Man! 645 for a loaner, now thats Service! Btw id let them keep the 5
Old 05-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Members

ISUK ( Ragdude ),
I'm not surprised you got a 645 as a loan car given the number of new cars you and your father have bought over last few years - your dealer is probably awaiting your call to enquire as to waiting list for a new 6er!!!
By the way I hope you are now using your Z4 in view of the better weather of late.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Contributors

Wow, a 645 loaner, man I'm jealous. I also read about someone getting a five series loaner, while I'm stuck in a 325 touring. The 3 series is nice, but c'mon.

About the 6 series, I wasn't a fan of the rear at first, but it's slowly growing on me. It definately looks better in person as compared to pics.

Don't think it is worth the 20K premium over a 545i though. If I were to spend an additional 20-30K, I find my way into an M5.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Members

Don't complain about your 3. I took mine in to get the voice command programmed and my dealer gave me a Mitsubishi Lancer rental car. They also refused to update the I-drive software stating that it is not required by BMW. I guess I'll be visiting another dealer next time.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Senior Members

I had originally had the same thought about the price of the 645 vs the new M5 but now that I've driven the 6 I have a whole new perspective. It feels like a very different car to the 5 and I have to say that my wallet is now trembling at the prospect of being raided to buy one of these beasties. What a car! I think the dealer is going to have to pry my cold, dead hands from the steering wheel before I give it back I normally get a 3 series as a loaner as well but the dealer sensed an opportunity for a sale and took it.

Mark,

I have had the Z4 out a fair bit over the last few weekends enjoying the sunshine. Nothing like driving top down to make you feel good.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Contributors

Why not chop in the 5 and z4 for a 6 cab?.......if I had one less child, I'd get a 6 (oh, and another 15 grand!)

or tell your dealer you'll take the No. 1 slot on the list for an M6......550 bhp apparantly

Quick Reply: Sightly off topic - 6 series