6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simply wow
Old 06-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Members

WOW this car is amazing. While speaking with one of the tech guys at the service desk, he said that the M6 should have the proper 4000RPM launch control.

Initial impressions....

Auto Mode - The car rides smooth enough if you drive real slow, otherwise you can really feel the gears changing (car jerking). The car will actually roll back on uphills in D mode.

Manual Mode - NOW THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT! Its really 2 minutes learning curve. Ive never ever used SMG in my life before, been driving a proper manual car for the past year. Initially it felt really awkward driving SMG without a clutch, especially on uphills, got me a bit worried when it started rolling back, and not having the clutch to keep the car steady in stop/go traffic. But after a while you just get used to it, and most of the times on straight roads it wont roll back at all, just gotta be careful on up/downhills. I used the paddles on the steering wheel do shift gears instead of the gear knob, it just felt right. ( Its really cool how the +/- signs on the paddles light up).

Engine - It was a surreal experience; especially after hearing that engine over and over again on topgear and videos posted by other members. I dont think a CD player is required in this car. Especially the noise it makes when downshifting, its just amazing. I actually kept doing it over and over again, its really addictive. I actually setup the M button specs as P500/ sports settings/M view HUD. I actaully had the P500S option available, but not sure if its OK to use it now? Well when changing from p400 to p500, you can REALLY feel all that power coming in. It REally does make a big difference. So now my usual settings will be this.

Sound System - Well ofcourse i did test the sound system. The car has a 5 Disc CD changer in the glove compartment, so you cant fit the BMW Manual in there, not enough space. But i still prefer it this way rather than having it in the back like X5 for example. The sound system is amazing and THE BEST out of all the BMWS ive been in ( 750li/530i/330i/X5/M6). Could be maybe because it might be an updated version, who knows. I tried some radiohead songs and some other songs with alot of bass, it was really well balanced/crisp; you could full blast it, and the sound was still clear.

Navigation - NOT WORKING, but theres no way im taking it back there before the 2000 KM.

Interior- The interior colour is platinum, Really light colour, and i couldnt believe when i got up, the colour from my shirt had rubbed off on the seat . Will definitely have to get some sort of seat covers or something.

Interior Space- I am 5"11, and i had no problems sitting in the back. I mean sure its no sedan, but it wasnt an Unbearable experience sitting in the back, there is enough room to be relaxed back as long as the front seat is not pushed all the way back. Trunk is quite big, i was surprised.

Handling - WOW, 0 body roll on cornering, the steering wheel is precise as hell, ride quality is not bad, even though i had it on sports mode; will give comfort mode a try later on.

HUD- JUST LOVE IT, especially the M view. ALTHOUGH, the angle im a bit concerned about, i really hope they can adjust it up a bit.

It was funny, the first thing that came up when i fired up the car was SERVICE sign. Almost got me worried. Just so the other new owners getting their car soon on this board dont get a heart attack like i did almost, it just says that to warn about the 2000 KM oil change. Will post more impressions once i drive it more tomorrow, couldnt drive it today as much as i wanted since it started pouring in the evening. Its really hard to control myself from revving it higher, but will have to do it now, and cant wait for the 2000 KM mark.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Members

More pics to come/videos!
Attached Thumbnails M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2857.jpg  
Old 06-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Very nice, wonder if they will come out with the M6 convertible.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='292629' date='Jun 5 2006, 05:35 PM
Very nice, wonder if they will come out with the M6 convertible.
Yes, there will be a M6 convertible! But I like the hard top more!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d

Amazing... just amazing...

Congrats and Enjoy it, drive safely...
Old 06-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Lawrence' post='292634' date='Jun 5 2006, 05:49 PM
Yes, there will be a M6 convertible! But I like the hard top more!
Well is just to show off anyways, the same thing for people who buys Lambo and Ferrari's spyder. I mean would you let the top down if you are doing like 200 something, imagine what would happen if something flys into the cabin while driving at that speed (chances are minimal but still...)
Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='292696' date='Jun 5 2006, 03:08 PM
Well is just to show off anyways, the same thing for people who buys Lambo and Ferrari's spyder. I mean would you let the top down if you are doing like 200 something, imagine what would happen if something flys into the cabin while driving at that speed (chances are minimal but still...)
talk about unlucky then ....
Old 06-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

WOW!! Very nice indeed. I can't wait to see some more pics. Congrats!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Members

As promised.. here they are:
Attached Thumbnails M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2841.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2846.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2863.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2864.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2874.jpg  

M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2912.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2936.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2970.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2932.jpg   M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum-cimg2959.jpg  

Quick Reply: M6 Individual Azurite Black/Merino Platinum