6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

iPod and iCrash fixed (I hope)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Your girlfriend

Well, my 6's iDrive kept going into iCrash mode - knob had no resistance, no steering button inputs, no input into iDrive. I'd drive about 20 minutes and the iDrive would reboot and the Logic 7 would have half of its speakers working until I restarted the car.

I installed the iPod interface and the iDrive didn't recognize the new interface.

Just got it back from the dealer and the iPod is working now (!) and no crashes (so far). However, I was in a rush (had a meeting) and had some kid who pulled the car around and the car, I kid you not, smells like ass. I mean it's bad. I called the service manager and he's going to have it cleaned. Still...
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Contributors

i'm having the same problem.. it did recognize the interface but didn't crash ALL the time but once so far nothing worked. no menu button no steering wheel button well anything with iDrive until i let it sit for a bit and restarted the car so the iDrive shut completely off. can you call your service rep and ask what exactly they did?

Also, I'm having the issue that when i have an MP3 CD in the drive or use the ipod interface, if i try to skip a song it just keeps going down the list without playing any songs. every now and then if i hit back enough to a song i really want to listen to, it plays it.

Did you put the interface in AFTER the coding? that's what i did but it still recognized it and worked but having that damn skip track issue.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Contributors

ok i'm an idiot... i kept trying to play the MP3 CD and not the interface and the mp3 CD had issues bc i burnt it at 16x speed instead of 1. burned the CD again at 1x and worked fine. ipod interface works fine too.

CD plays the cd and CD1, CD2 etc. plays the interface which i totally forgot about