5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   6 Series Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/)
-   -   does anyone have problems with their kw-suspension? (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/does-anyone-have-problems-their-kw-suspension-86266/)

RC688 09-25-2009 11:05 PM

my KW V3 are have some problems! the 2 rear top part of the coilover are keep on pump up from inside of the Convertible Cover approx 3 to 4" high (there is a suspension cover cap that mount on top of the coilover when you install). only way you can fix it is by lifting the back of the car up with a car jack then the coilover will return back to the position. but time to time will pump again! So now i can not have the convertible top down! The shop that i buy from think that suspension might be too stronge for my car and KW doesn't make any aftermarket cap for it. Not sure what to do now? maybe i should remove them back to stock! Does anyone have the same problems or does anyone know any company make any aftermarket coilover cover cap are much stronger that the OEM parts? or maybe i should buy some other brand? or maybe not coilover? any suggestion?

Sam@sleekmotoring 09-26-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by RC688' post='1017453' date='Sep 26 2009, 12:05 AM
my KW V3 are have some problems! the 2 rear top part of the coilover are keep on pump up from inside of the Convertible Cover approx 3 to 4" high (there is a suspension cover cap that mount on top of the coilover when you install).

When you say that the coilover " are keep on pump", what exactly do you mean? Is the shaft, and the upper whshers and bolts of the actual shock moving up way past the upper perch?

BMRMEUP 09-26-2009 10:46 AM

Have you contacted KW directly? I'd be interested in their response. Does look like they make a street comfort coilover for your model as well.

RC688 09-26-2009 06:33 PM

i'm not sure what it call??? :confused: but is the inside of the center part "Silver Bar" which push up from the center of the suspension cap! Car still hold on, but it feel like you have no shock at all (is mostly happen to my right rear only) but it also happen to my left side one time too! The last time i bring car for service to BMW dealer they though my KW suspension break the suspension cap. So i have them to replace all 4 caps and it cause me over $1000 with labor! and now it happen again. so i don't think the cap break at all, i think this is how it design if suspension are have problems it will not break the whole thing! but i will try to take some photo, if it happen again. As far as i know, KW don't have any reply yet! And the KW wholesaler said if is defective. They might be able to do something. but if is something else then nothing they can do! :mad: i think i might have to content KW to find what happen! but not sure are they going to do anything about it?

BMRMEUP 09-26-2009 08:43 PM

Have you checked the model number of the shocs they mounted against the model shown for your car on the KW site?

RC688 09-27-2009 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by BMRMEUP' post='1018091' date='Sep 27 2009, 12:43 AM
Have you checked the model number of the shocs they mounted against the model shown for your car on the KW site?

Yes, they are the right parts#

hipertec 10-11-2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by RC688' post='1018182' date='Sep 27 2009, 02:07 AM
Yes, they are the right parts#

Not sure of the problem but I have been told that the KW are the best coilovers for the 6. I have the H&R coilovers and they are horrible. Their Customer Service is horrible too.
If I had a choice, I would of went KW. Just give KW a call. Im sure they will help out.

BMRMEUP 10-11-2009 03:10 PM

I've been wondering if you ever got this resolved. Was KW any help in determining the problem RC?