6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Damn.......loosing license

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

OK guys and girls(?),

I called the DA today and.......................

I can pick up my license tomorrow morning

But I guess I have to take it easy for a while. Waiting for the fine.... I hope they go easy on me, such a waste of money.

The best thing, I allowed to drive again. I missed the thing, you get attached to the machine after a while.....
Old 03-14-2008, 03:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

That's great!!
Good luck!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

[quote name='Doc Horror' date='Mar 7 2008, 07:54 AM' post='541014']
Wednesday, I was going home from work.
I was actually going according to al the traffic regulations for about the whole ride. I give a bit more throttle to get the green traffic lights. Since the next traffic light is about 1 km further, I just gave it some more, just to feel the terrific acceleration and tipped what I thought was 140 km/h. And then let it roll out to the next lights.
This was on an empty double-lane road with a 80 km/h speed limit at about 9.45 pm.

One km further I got pulled over by a police car

He got me on his laser-gun doing 154 km/h, with a correction this is 149 km/h, which is 69 above the speed-limit.
Here in the Netherlands, if you gp 50 above, you loose your license and the DA decides when you'll get it back. If you do 70 above, you'll loose it for at least 4 months. Am I lucky?!

So her I am, no license......sucks

Next tuesday I can inform at the DA when I can get my license back. Since I need my license for my work and I have no (big) violationts in the past year, I should get it back next tuesday or so. I definately hope so........

Today I made the local newspaper..................

[quote]

I know how it feels....at least you made the paper, now you're famous. Not like we can understand what it says,but you're in the paper...lol
Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='543181' date='Mar 11 2008, 11:50 PM
OK guys and girls(?),

I called the DA today and.......................

I can pick up my license tomorrow morning

But I guess I have to take it easy for a while. Waiting for the fine.... I hope they go easy on me, such a waste of money.

The best thing, I allowed to drive again. I missed the thing, you get attached to the machine after a while.....

That's good news -- hope they don't hit you too hard with the fine
Old 03-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nyceric03' post='541894' date='Mar 9 2008, 09:43 AM
watttt the speed limit is 50mph? thats horrible they can't really blame you for wanting to speed up alittle good luck with the license

I didn't do the math, but if the speed limit is only 50mph, I think there should be riots in the streets! Please tell me that's the speed limit in front of a hospital or a school.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Contributors

By the way, glad to hear you got your license back!
Old 03-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by bugawako' post='545128' date='Mar 15 2008, 07:43 AM
I didn't do the math, but if the speed limit is only 50mph, I think there should be riots in the streets! Please tell me that's the speed limit in front of a hospital or a school.
No it isn't!!
I myself don't understand why the speed limit is only 50 mph, it is a double lane with no pedestrians or bicycles, only traffic-lights every 2 miles.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Contributors

Ouch! That's horrible. That's like the biggest tease. I'm surprised this is your only ticket.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525i E60 Steptronic 192HP

At least you've been in the freakin newspaper!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

BMW drivers are INFAMOUS!!!! Seriously, glad you're a member of the driving public again. There are easier ways of getting in the paper though!

Quick Reply: Damn.......loosing license