Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

My New Diet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 3 weeks ago I completely changed my diet, I am seeing KILLER results.

Diet
-Wake Up - LowFat PB on No sugar whole wheat bread, Bananna
-Arrive at work - GNC Amp Wheyabolic Protien w Almond milk, Oatmeal, Wheat Germ
-Early Lunch - 1 can tuna or salmon/1 serv brown rice (mixed w bbq sauce)
-Late Lunch - 1 can tuna or salmon/1 serv brown rice (mixed w bbq sauce)
-Pre Workout - GNC Amp Wheyabolic Protien w Almond milk, Oatmeal, Wheat Germ
-Post Workout - GNC Amp Wheyabolic Protien w Almond milk
-2 hours post workout - 1 can tuna or salmon/1 serv WHITE rice (mixed w bbq sauce)
-Approx 1 Gallon of water per day

Approximately 200g of Protien a Day

I I recently picked up Pumpkin puree to mix into my protien shakes to bring up my veggie intake and antioxidents. Haven't ballsed up and done it yet.

My diet does not deviate. I do not eat snacks, I do not have cheat days.

For suppliments I am taking
GNC MegaMan Sport
GNC AMP Wheyabolic Protien
GNC Amplified Creatine 189
GNC AMP BCAAs
Gaspari Hyladrol Liquigels
MHP T-Bomb II
Gaspari SuperPump250
BSN EPOZINE-02 NT

I didn't post this for an intervention -I am wondering who else out there has what would be considered by the mainstream an "extreme diet"

FYI: I also cut out alcohol, beer is completely cut off. Once a week I will allow myself to have a few grey goose and cranberrys (diet made with splenda if availible)

I started at 190 about 2.5 months ago, I am now at 205 with about 3 inches lost on my waist. My diet didn't get serious until about 3 weeks ago. Since then my gains and strength have skyrocketed. My goal is to be about 230 at 11% or so body fat.

Doctors need not respond
Old 03-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

diet to gain weight? i wish it'd work that way for me.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by turboawd
diet to gain weight? i wish it'd work that way for me.
I used to weigh 270 (all fat)

I lost 60 lbs to join the Army. At one point in the army i was @ 183. I was scrawny.

After leading a generally healthy lifestyle for years, and working out off and on, I have the afterburners on. Funny to think that I am trying to work my way back up in weight now. I did gain some wieght after leaving the Army, but I have been between 190-200 for the last few years.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

That diet seems monotonous (but safe) in terms of the foods. 205 seems like a good weight for you. But I gather that you want to be a block of solid muscle. This kind of ultra high protein diet with rigorous weight lifting should get you to your goal.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

Wow, wish I had your discipline.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Senior Members

Curious, how are those supplements? Do you feel good amount f energy.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

I weighed 145 graduating from high school (~ 5'7" tall). I grew 4 more inches in college but didn't gain a pound. When a junior, I started to work out with a friend. My diet was beer and pizza 3 times a week after working out. It took me a year to hit 160.

Over the years I slowly gained weight until 2 years ago I hit 215 and decided to loose weight. Just by cutting back and increasing exercise, I'm now at 190. I'd still like to loose more but I'm happy to not gain any of that weight back. I've never done any body building, supplements, or fad diets. Although I do use the GNC Superfoods to supplement my fruits, veggies, and antioxidants.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Just take some steroids. Then you really will be able to terrorize the elderly with roid/road rage Smoothie assaults.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Just a reminder, guys: it is NOT worth it to feed your buddy any additives and steroids - or any other, let's call it, "shit". In the end, human body is designed to metabolize "normal" food. And that does NOT mean fast food and crap. But I find that the healthiest way to eat is to lay off the meat, minimize intake of fried/oily foods, cut out the fat and try not to eat anything that could've been genetically enhanced (like chicken, for example). Most important, when you're working out, is to remember that there will be life AFTER the regimen you're taking up now, so you have to eat in a way, so that your body has long-term health - not short-term muscle gain.

As to the diet you posted, Craig, I would recommend you immediately cut out all non-organic elements. I know you want to achieve results now, but think about the stuff it does to your body long-term. Take pity on your internal organs. At least, that's my opinion - of course, you're gonna do whatever you feel is right - and that's how it should be. But if I can prevent you from taking at least one of those powdery additives, my job will be somewhat done here.

All the muscle gains and work out diets used to exist before the additives came around - and athletes used to be the healthiest people on Earth. I recommend old-schooling it with the diet and just eating real foods. Don't forget that each and every food you digest has hormonal implications - most of which regulate weight functions. For what its worth, the amount of hormonal bombardment that our bodies endure these days is overwhelming for a human organism (hence all the cancers and GI illnesses - check the stats, its SCARY). But we don't pay attention and just keep going back to the same routines - whether its a "diet" with GNC additives or a strict regiment of Bojangles and Church's chicken. IMO its not that different - the only thing is with the first one, you're only a fat guy in an athlete's body, so you get more pussy. When you're 60 though, it'll make a lot less difference to you, so try to stay ahead of this curve - this is your survival.

BTW This brings up the age-old dilemma - which is more important: life or pussy
Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Contributors

pretty solid diet. only problem is the bbq sauce. if you are using regular bbq sauce then you are most likely spiking your insulin everytime you eat it. It takes 15 grams of sugar, 15 simple carbs, or a combination of 15 simple carbs and sugars to spike insulin. When you spike your insulin your body will store fat for nearly an hour. Which is obviously not good.

Looking at a bottle of famous daves rich and sassy bbq, here is the nutritional label:

no fat.
no cholest
sodium 350mg 15%
total carb 15g 5%
Fiber <1 2%
Sugars 13g
protein 0
calories 60

Serving Size = 2 Tbsp.

One serving will spike your insulin and your body will began to store fat. It also contains High fructose corn syrup which is the devil. You should try to cut all trans fat, high fructose corn syrup and dehydroginated oils. Limit saturated fat to under 8 grams a day.

My diet-

Morning: Eat at 6:30am-7:00am depending on the day
option 1: 2 pieces of ezekiel (flourless) spouted grain bread - spread skippy natural pb and sugarless jelly. Mix 4 ounces of skim milk, 4 ounces of water, 1 scoop of max pro vanilla protein.
option 2: cheese and chive egg beater egg sandwich. Fat free cheddar cheese (1 piece). 3 pieces of jenn-o turkey bacon (.5 grams of fat, leanest bacon on the planet). All on a toasted oro wheat (100% whole grain) sandwich thin. 4 oz of milk, 4 oz of water with 1 scoop of max pro vanilla.
option 3: 2 Flax Organic whole grain waffles, spread skippy natural pb on both of them. Heat up Mrs Butter-worth's sugar free syrup (only use 1/4 of cup of syrup -> it has 8g of simple carbs) 4oz of water, 4oz of skim milk, mix in 1 scoop of max pro vanilla.

Mid morning snack: 9:30-10am
1 serving of triscuit crackers (6 crackers, typically eat the garden herb)
12 roasted blue diamond almonds
2 scoops of Whole Gains protein mixed with 12 oz of water

Lunch: 12:30-1:15
12 roasted blue diamond almonds
1 serving of triscuit crackers
turkey sandwich on oro wheat sandwich thins, use spicy mustard, 1/2 serving of olive oil mayo (good fats), 1 piece of colby jack cheese (my only saturated fat all day)
large romaine lettuce salad with extra virgin olive oil (use 2 Tbsp of olive oil)

Late lunch/pre workout snack: 4:00-5:00
Whole Gains protein Shake (2 scoops of Mango Protein) mixed with 12 oz of water. 15 carbs, 24 grams of protein, 3 grams of dietary fiber.

Go workout. Workouts monday wednesday friday saturday consist of lifting for 40-45 mins and then 30-35 mins of cardio. tuesday thursday and sunday are all strictly cardio days. atleast 60 mins of cardio without stopping.

Post workout:
1 1/2 sccops of Max pro vanilla protein mixed with water. Your body has problems breaking down lactose which is why i dont drink milk late in the day. On lift days i will eat 10 grams of simple carbs which is something like 1 piece of white bread toasted with promise light butter and sugarless jelly. Fast digesting carbs are good post workout.

Last meal of the day: 9:30
half of scoop of max pro vanilla, 1 scoop of chocolate whole gains mixed with 12 oz of water.

Must stay up for atleast an hour after my last protein shake so the carbs can digest and wont get stored as fat while sleeping.

I stick to this routine for about a month and then reward myself with a cheat meal. I dont believe you can eat perfect all the time. You must reward yourself for the hard work. It isnt easy doing this day in and day out and I know i would get sick of it if i didnt have a reward to look forward too. It helps me keep my eye on my goals.

I lost exactly 20lbs in 6 weeks on this plan. I added muscle and cut fat which is what i set out to do. Craig feel free to pick apart my plan and add your input....curious to see what you say.