E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 06:54 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535xit
Model Year: 2008

I have had the KW's for over a year now with absolutely no issues. I think the ride is perfect. They are a bit on the pricey side, but I doubt you will find anyone who regrets getting them.
Attached Thumbnails Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!-img_0299.jpg  
Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Island Road
Head back from Andrew yesterday. Currently he is waiting on parts.
Anymore developments to report?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:08 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

same question haha ^

I talked to my buddy from school and he says he contacted BC Racing to get a custom set of coilovers for his Ford Fusion. He got them for under 1,000. Custom made. He told me I should ask, So i emailed them and this is the response I got.

Thank you for contacting BC Racing NA.

Unfortunately we do not have an application at this time for the E60 AWD model :-(

We will be working on a kit in the future but I do not have an ETA on when it would be release.

I can keep you updated if you wish.

Regards,
Kevin

I emailed back saying to keep my updated. We will see. I did ask about the E60 since thats the car I drive, but it seems like lots of people find this thread with E60s so might as well keep it E60/E61.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:07 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by biz77
Anymore developments to report?

Originally Posted by Kasmo
same question haha ^

I talked to my buddy from school and he says he contacted BC Racing to get a custom set of coilovers for his Ford Fusion. He got them for under 1,000. Custom made. He told me I should ask, So i emailed them and this is the response I got.

Thank you for contacting BC Racing NA.

Unfortunately we do not have an application at this time for the E60 AWD model :-(

We will be working on a kit in the future but I do not have an ETA on when it would be release.

I can keep you updated if you wish.

Regards,
Kevin

I emailed back saying to keep my updated. We will see. I did ask about the E60 since thats the car I drive, but it seems like lots of people find this thread with E60s so might as well keep it E60/E61.

I received a email from Andrew at ISC last week saying that the parts have shipped and should arrive this week. Once they have them house a scheduled install will be made right away, I am thinking next week sometime the coilovers will be installed and then a review to follow. Keep in mind we might be playing with the swift spring rates as well. We want to see what will be good rate for a daily street performance as well street/track performance so ISC has a good understanding of what to offer in their kit. Can't wait to remove the rear airbags and also no more air so that will free up room for the dual exhaust.

Last edited by Island Road; 07-21-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i

Any update on the ICS set up?

Last edited by s2k_john; 07-17-2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-16-2015, 05:36 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by s2k_john
Any update on the ISC set up?
Car is going to ISC on Monday, I will keep this thread updated!

Old 07-17-2015, 06:42 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: E39 M5
Model Year: 2003

I am in contact with BC racing about developing a kit. They would like to offer a kit to retain SLS and a kit to delete it and replace it with a coil and shock set up. I have sent them pictures and will be offering them my OEM parts for development. They are requestion pictures of the OEM air spring on the car and off the car. Does anyone physically have an air spring out of the car? I am going to snap the pictures of it on the car this evening. If anyone has additional pictures, help would be appreciated.....

For reference, I have the BC racing coilovers on my M5 and have had zero issues for the past 4 years. Couldn't be happier. I also put them on my E39 525 touring, which is still running great with the new owner. If I can talk them into making a kit for my E61, I am definitely jumping on it.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:20 PM
New Members

Quick update, the car was dropped off the night prior and worked on the today. The shop fitted the front coils and are still working on the rear. They are playing around the longer springs in the front and adjusting some settings at the moment. Right now the car still has the airbags in the rear and the car adjusted the height set so far (there is a limit unless modded).

We will have the car back tomorrow with just the front coils installed so far, I believe ISC might be making some parts in for the rear, we will have to see.

Name:  sDqUmvZ.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  4.85 MB

Old 07-20-2015, 11:28 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

I know the set up isnt finished but it be pretty dope if the first wave of people got a special discount on the set up. I mean if the set up can be no more then 1,300 that be great. lol.

I got a long list of stuff for my car and well wheels are bought, now the lowering would begain. But I have been also eyeing the Stage 3 Intake for my E60 along with a Tune for it. To push around 240-260 hp in my 525xi. I just found out there is a E60 at a junk yard not too far away, So ill go and pick up some parts maybe even sell some off for profit lol (that way id be able to afford the coilovers)

Good thing that this is actually happening and in motion unlike some other companies.

Anyway that E61 looks really good!!!!
Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Kasmo
I know the set up isnt finished but it be pretty dope if the first wave of people got a special discount on the set up. I mean if the set up can be no more then 1,300 that be great. lol.

I got a long list of stuff for my car and well wheels are bought, now the lowering would begain. But I have been also eyeing the Stage 3 Intake for my E60 along with a Tune for it. To push around 240-260 hp in my 525xi. I just found out there is a E60 at a junk yard not too far away, So ill go and pick up some parts maybe even sell some off for profit lol (that way id be able to afford the coilovers)

Good thing that this is actually happening and in motion unlike some other companies.

Anyway that E61 looks really good!!!!
Quick update. I was away last week so we missed an apt with ICS to finish the rears. The car is going back this Wednesday to have some more adjustments and finalized rear install.

As for people we are looking to buy this kit here is some other info.

The kit will retail for $1288.00, with a group buy price of $999.00 shipped for the first 10 people. That will be for a FULL kit, air suspensions removed.
For those who want to run the OEM air ride it will be $200.00 less, so $1088.00 and $799.00 for the first 10 people.
After the group buy, in the coming months (probably by the winter) these will be available at BimmerWorld for purchase, or through us ISC completely up to the customer.

Spring rates we are still experimenting, upgrading to swift springs with be an additional charge.

Quick Reply: Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!