E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio Setup for BMW E60 520D 2008

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 520D
Question Audio Setup for BMW E60 520D 2008

Hi All,

I really need some suggestions. I recently bought E60 520d LCI, planning to upgrade my audio after seeing some post I really tempted to do ... but car audio security guys gave me a >1000£ estimation, after research I finally end up in my budget selecting also that car audio guy suggested just change door and rear speakers and add tweeters and an JBL amp with twin 12", my plan is to drive front door speakers + trunk sub with 5 channel amp will that be good ?

As planned to buy >

12 Twin sub > JBL GT5-2402BR
Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security

4 speakers (2 pairs) for front door and rear > MB QUART100 4" 60w

Tweeters > Hertz DT24

Amp 5 channel as I like to drive just front doors as that Audio guy told if I drive rear speakers> i will loose Parking sensors
JBL > GTO5EZ
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160739768392?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Please please suggest me. My main questions are:

1) Are my setup good and worth money ?
2) If I put sub in trunk will it get enough bass inside car as there is no direct hole or soace to reach from boot ??
3) if I drive rear speakers with Amp, will I loose Parking sensors
4) is it worth adding sub in trunk or will I hear more rattle than bass (any solution) ?

Thank you very much
VC
Old 08-14-2014, 06:16 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60
Exclamation my setup

Originally Posted by webvamsi666
Hi All,

I really need some suggestions. I recently bought E60 520d LCI, planning to upgrade my audio after seeing some post I really tempted to do ... but car audio security guys gave me a >1000£ estimation, after research I finally end up in my budget selecting also that car audio guy suggested just change door and rear speakers and add tweeters and an JBL amp with twin 12", my plan is to drive front door speakers + trunk sub with 5 channel amp will that be good ?

As planned to buy >

12 Twin sub > JBL GT5-2402BR

4 speakers (2 pairs) for front door and rear > MB QUART100 4" 60w

Tweeters > Hertz DT24

Amp 5 channel as I like to drive just front doors as that Audio guy told if I drive rear speakers> i will loose Parking sensors
JBL > GTO5EZ
JBL GTO 5EZ 1935 WATT 5 / 3 CHANNEL CAR POWER AMPLIFIER SAME DAY DISPATCH 0500363132856 | eBay

Please please suggest me. My main questions are:

1) Are my setup good and worth money ?
2) If I put sub in trunk will it get enough bass inside car as there is no direct hole or soace to reach from boot ??
3) if I drive rear speakers with Amp, will I loose Parking sensors
4) is it worth adding sub in trunk or will I hear more rattle than bass (any solution) ?

Thank you very much
VC
i wouldn't go with that setup using just 1 amp to drive voice and power speakers your best run is a 4 channel for door speakers and a mono amp for your subs if you want a clean cut sound with lots of bass that what i did with my 530i but your setup don't cost much that is the easiest way out a 5ch amp to power everything. if you want bass from that trunk that's so sealed you gotta get a killer amp with some nice subs i heard JBL's are real good you wont loose parking sensors . i did my cars sound system all by myself gotta tell you tho use the best quality of RCA's and In-Line Converters or your going to get alot of static feedback cheap wires= worst sound.
My Setup
Equalizer->Crossover->4ch amp-> Door Speakers
|_>Mono amp> 12'' Kicker Subs
i haven't changed my door speakers as yet will do tht soon
Attached Thumbnails Audio Setup for BMW E60 520D 2008-img_20140716_203145.jpg   Audio Setup for BMW E60 520D 2008-img_20140716_203224.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 06:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW e60 520D
Smile

Originally Posted by skullkz
i wouldn't go with that setup using just 1 amp to drive voice and power speakers your best run is a 4 channel for door speakers and a mono amp for your subs if you want a clean cut sound with lots of bass that what i did with my 530i but your setup don't cost much that is the easiest way out a 5ch amp to power everything. if you want bass from that trunk that's so sealed you gotta get a killer amp with some nice subs i heard JBL's are real good you wont loose parking sensors . i did my cars sound system all by myself gotta tell you tho use the best quality of RCA's and In-Line Converters or your going to get alot of static feedback cheap wires= worst sound.
My Setup
Equalizer->Crossover->4ch amp-> Door Speakers
|_>Mono amp> 12'' Kicker Subs
i haven't changed my door speakers as yet will do tht soon

Hi Skullz,

Thank you very much for reply

Could you please tell me which Equalizer and Amp models you used ? to get an idea.
I dont even know that I can add Equalizer superb ..
Thanks a lot.
Vamsi
Old 08-14-2014, 06:42 AM
New Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by webvamsi666
Hi Skullz,

Thank you very much for reply

Could you please tell me which Equalizer and Amp models you used ? to get an idea.
I dont even know that I can add Equalizer superb ..
Thanks a lot.
Vamsi
i used Clarion EQS746 Equalizer
Cross-over Hifonics HFXR
4Ch amp Hifonics BRX640.4
Mono Amp Hifonics Mt Olympus 6000w

going to upgrade with a 2 farad capacitor and 2 amplifier fans to keep the amps cool for long high volume plays. add condensers to your voice speakers and tweeters to avoid getting a blown speaker you can add them to your sub too if you have a very powerful amp
Old 08-14-2014, 11:17 AM
New Members

My Ride: 06 530 xi

How did you wire that eq into the logic 7 system?
Old 08-15-2014, 05:04 AM
New Members

Exclamation line in converter

Originally Posted by alexp1
How did you wire that eq into the logic 7 system?

I used a line in converter/ speaker wire to rca and connect it to the front speaker wires left and rite so I can get the main input to the Eq thats all u need to do. So my factory amp is no longer playing my door speakers they're all disconnected and powered by the amp I install to play voice, I had to take the door covers and door sills off take out the back seat and run fresh wires from the amp I installed to the door speakers
Old 08-21-2014, 07:46 AM
New Members

Where did you tap into it?
At the speakers or the amp at back.
Any diagram would be great.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:30 AM
New Members

Default front speaker

Where did you tap into it?
At the speakers or the amp at back.
Any diagram would be great.

I tapped Into it from the front speakers. I will sketch a diagram and post it soon
Old 09-23-2014, 09:26 AM
New Members

I tapped in to the center channel to run kenwood amp. The instrumental sounds fine but the words sound baffled. The amp is powering interior speakers. A second amp powering subs. Please help by drawing a diagram for me of how you did it.

Thanks in advance.
:d
Old 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM
New Members

Exclamation

I tapped in to the center channel to run kenwood amp. The instrumental sounds fine but the words sound baffled. The amp is powering interior speakers. A second amp powering subs. Please help by drawing a diagram for me of how you did it.

Thanks in advance.
:d
here is a diagram i made of my set up!
Attached Thumbnails Audio Setup for BMW E60 520D 2008-untitled.jpg  

Quick Reply: Audio Setup for BMW E60 520D 2008