DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Have u got navigation?, if not u will have m.a.s.k instead.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
have you read any of this thread?
Yes i read it. I already did my BC_DIGITAL_V, VIDEO_DENY_C0B but for WELCOME LIGHT i did VA_WELCOMELIGHT and it appears in iDrive menu, but i can't activate it, i can select it, but in 1 second it is unselecting it self. In my FRM module i don't have anything about WELCOME LIGHT.
The strange thing is that when i read the hole car i find WELCOME_LIGHT nicht_aktiv, but i can't find it in individuals module to make it aktiv. Any ideas?

Please help. The car is e90 from 10.2006 and it has xonon lights with adaptive light, navigation (proffesional for EUROPE)and iDrive .
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by larry_bml
Yes i read it. I already did my BC_DIGITAL_V, VIDEO_DENY_C0B but for WELCOME LIGHT i did VA_WELCOMELIGHT and it appears in iDrive menu, but i can't activate it, i can select it, but in 1 second it is unselecting it self. In my FRM module i don't have anything about WELCOME LIGHT.
The strange thing is that when i read the hole car i find WELCOME_LIGHT nicht_aktiv, but i can't find it in individuals module to make it aktiv. Any ideas?

Please help. The car is e90 from 10.2006 and it has xonon lights with adaptive light, navigation (proffesional for EUROPE)and iDrive .

On the E90 is the FRM the Light module? If so and you dont have the options your module needs to either be updated or you need a newer one. You can not get the option to work without coding the Light module as well.

On my E60 I do not have the option in my Light module so although I can enable it in idrive the car doesnt know what to do with the instruction, so unselects the option in idrive..from what you describe you can not enable the option unless you update the light module or a newer version of your light module.

Hope that helps..
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

No nav, and I actually had suspected this.

Sorry for being such a newb, but what does this mean since I have m.a.s.k? Do I have different steps to access the module?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
No nav, and I actually had suspected this.

Sorry for being such a newb, but what does this mean since I have m.a.s.k? Do I have different steps to access the module?
No it`s the same, the CCC is made up of 5 parts and the m.a,s.k is the same.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Contributors

Does that just mean I have no CAPPL then? That's so weird
Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Btw Jim, I just wanted to point this out to you.

FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ (Allow High beam and fog lamps on at same time)

is suppose to be nicht_aktiv to work.

Which will explain why it was already set to aktiv on mine and didn't work. I realized this when I pondered why it wasn't working and saw that there's a "nicht" - not - in the entry already.

Just coded it during lunch, and now it works. I imagine if someone is light crazy enough, they can install a HID kit in their high beams and make it... SUPER BRIGHT! Everyone on the road would hate that person though, lol. It's something the bixenon people can't do: low beam, high beam, and fogs all on at the same time
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Btw Jim, I just wanted to point this out to you.

is suppose to be nicht_aktiv to work.

Which will explain why it was already set to aktiv on mine and didn't work. I realized this when I pondered why it wasn't working and saw that there's a "nicht" - not - in the entry already.

Just coded it during lunch, and now it works. I imagine if someone is light crazy enough, they can install a HID kit in their high beams and make it... SUPER BRIGHT! Everyone on the road would hate that person though, lol. It's something the bixenon people can't do: low beam, high beam, and fogs all on at the same time

Wow - I can't believe I missed that all this time. Sorry for all the confusion - at least there is an explaination for what you were seeing.

I can't edit any of those earlier posts - hope everyone sees this!

Correction...
nicht_aktiv

Old 01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Contributors

Just kidding, figured it out. For non-navs it's in the MASK module (as you pointed out).
Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jay77
On the E90 is the FRM the Light module? If so and you dont have the options your module needs to either be updated or you need a newer one. You can not get the option to work without coding the Light module as well.

On my E60 I do not have the option in my Light module so although I can enable it in idrive the car doesnt know what to do with the instruction, so unselects the option in idrive..from what you describe you can not enable the option unless you update the light module or a newer version of your light module.

Hope that helps..
This may be problem, i called to a BMW service and they told me the same thing we though, the FRM module may need an update. I told them my VIN and they will try to find what update (if it can be made) need FRM for doing WELCOME LIGHT.

I will anounce you with their answer.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods