DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY for SA430 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Also install hardware first before you sort out the software. Some coding programs won't code the car if the hardware module is not found to be present.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 LCI 535SE Auto,Mtech Bodykit and Rear Spoiler, Blufin Chipped, 124 alloys,Space grey, Folding Mirrors, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Pro nav, Bluetooth,Logic 7,Comfort access, USB, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, Acoustic Solutions DAB, love my car! Retired-2003 530SE, 124 alloys,Titan silver, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Business nav, Mtech Bodykit & Rear Spoiler,-petrol with LPG

Originally Posted by BLooD
Don`t think it matters but do the mirrors first anyway, seams logical.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Also install hardware first before you sort out the software. Some coding programs won't code the car if the hardware module is not found to be present.
Thanks for the replies, just got to find time to get on with it!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 LCI 535SE Auto,Mtech Bodykit and Rear Spoiler, Blufin Chipped, 124 alloys,Space grey, Folding Mirrors, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Pro nav, Bluetooth,Logic 7,Comfort access, USB, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, Acoustic Solutions DAB, love my car! Retired-2003 530SE, 124 alloys,Titan silver, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Business nav, Mtech Bodykit & Rear Spoiler,-petrol with LPG

Ok- fitted the mirrors, just thought I'd post this in case it helps others:

2007 car originally fitted with memory mirrors running on the 3wire LIN bus system. New folding mirrors were a straight swap, one mirror 2007, one 2008. All plastics interchange, non dimming mirror lenses will fit ok, only problem is wiring for the heating- the folding/dimming mirrors have a 4way plug, the non dim have fast on connectors. The pins in the plug that run the heat ctt are pins 3&4- Molex PCB connecter pins will fit into socket snugly or you can cut and solder. I used pins and then wrapped the connection in self amalagating tape to stop corrosion problems long term, whilst keeping the option of going to dimming lenses in the future. (I have one which came with one mirror, but not the other- once coded will fit to see if it works or if the wiring from the interior mirror needs adding on this spec car- will update when I know)

(One thing I've noticed- from memory I'm certain my old 2003 folding mirrors had a different connection on the dim lenses, 2 fast ons and a plug for the dim control. I mention this so anyone trying to source the lenses seperate to the mirrors makes sure they get lenses that will fit, ie earlier and later lenses are not easily interchangable)
Old 04-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Members

Ok-mirrors now coded, fold fine but no dimming- I guess this means the extra wires from the mirror as noted as required by BLood on non LIN bus system are not fitted on this spec either. As I'm not bothered about the dim side, I'll not worry about this, but info may help someone else.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Krisbiker2
Ok-mirrors now coded, fold fine but no dimming- I guess this means the extra wires from the mirror as noted as required by BLood on non LIN bus system are not fitted on this spec either. As I'm not bothered about the dim side, I'll not worry about this, but info may help someone else.
Congrats! hope you coded BEIKLPEN_B_KOMFORTSHCL (KGM module) to aktiv as well, so the mirrors fold with the keyfob.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Members

Congrats! hope you coded BEIKLPEN_B_KOMFORTSHCL (KGM module) to aktiv as well, so the mirrors fold with the keyfob.
Thanks! No- mirrors not coded for autofold as I often use the remote window open and close function and didnt want the mirrors whirring in and out as well. On to the next mod..... GRPS page system I think, should be easier and am hoping to link it to the interior light cct so I can remotely diable car...
Old 04-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Members

Whoops, diable= disable!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Members

Whoops double post
Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

Just for info, adding $563 to the VO will enable the puddle lights aswell.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 M sport
Model Year: 2013
Engine: 520d

[quote name='bruce_miranda' timestamp='1324204688' post='1407122']
A suggestion to make things easier on the passenger's side. Don't bother with the bulk head and new wires. Just disconnect the 4 wires used for the old mirrors from the KGM and rewire them as LIN, +12V and GND. That way massively reduces the install time. Also if you don't want to upset any of the existing fuse wires, you can simply install a new fuse in one of the many free slots and use a Double leaf contact to gain access to it.

hi bruce can you explain to me where this wires are please. i been trying to look in the wds but cant seem to locate them

Quick Reply: DIY for SA430 mirrors