DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Morjens,

Trying to add Video input to i-drive system without adding Nav to TV addons... i think its easier if there is a solution to directly add video in to i-drive system..

Does anyone know about adding AV-input socket to rear compartment (A18807). Searching some info from BMW WDS 5.0 and i did find some info about it...

and.. anyone who has OEM front cameras or tv/video module.. ever trying to use some other video source to that camera connector in bumbers ? i think every video in connection to CC is either Cvbs or RGB ?

Some pictures attached

BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_eo_e60_65_0015.jpg

BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_eo_e60_65_0018.jpg

BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_eo_e60_65_0025.jpg

Info about CCC connectors:

BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_e60_pn38aa_page_1_resize.jpg
BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_e60_pn38aa_page_2_resize.jpg
BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_e60_pn38aa_page_3_resize.jpg
BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_e60_pn38aa_page_4_resize.jpg
BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..-f__release_en_zinfo_e60_pn38aa_page_5_resize.jpg

Btw. this forum is great with true enthusiastics !

cu

FiNe60 Name:  drive.gif
Views: 6819
Size:  3.1 KB
Old 01-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I tried to get an A/V input installed for months without success.
Even my tech couldn't get it done, and he really tried, even called BMW Individual.
We couldn't even get it done when we tried to fit the A/V input just like it was a back up camera. All we got was a very instable picture, never anwhere close to beeing watchable and the sound was bad.
I think the only way of getting a picture on the idrive screen is to override it with a device such as the ones you can get from Dom.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Hobi is the answer. With his interface you can get any kind of AV input directly to the I-drive screen. Wait for Hobi's site to be launched very very soon..... trust me man. I saw it working..... getting it myself.....
Old 01-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='227369' date='Jan 21 2006, 11:12 AM
Hobi is the answer. With his interface you can get any kind of AV input directly to the I-drive screen. Wait for Hobi's site to be launched very very soon..... trust me man. I saw it working..... getting it myself.....

See you've done it again...cant wait, can we have info in advance of the site coming online..
Old 01-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Hi and welcome to the board FiNE60
Old 01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

I want that screen badly in the space between the front seats as shown on the pictures

I'm not interested in installing an AV in, but do you guys know if it is possible to find the AV out some where in the car ?

The screen in the backseat will be connected to a DVD player, but as an extra feature it would be nice if we could watch the Idrive picture on the screen in the backseat too ?
Old 01-27-2015, 03:06 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 530d M Sport

Originally Posted by Peter530i
Do you have a weblink please?
I'm keen on having video input added so i can buy some kind of miralink device to connect wirelessly to my phone, play music from it, see googlemaps and no need to take my phone out of my pocket. I also read briefly about dension but it seems to need av input already in place and uses mhl.. which i understand to mean usb. Any ideas anyone?
Wireless video transfer isn't easential but would be cool. Wireless audio is what i really want without the crap sound quality of bluetooth. Idrive control to shift tracks would also be nice.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:07 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 530d M Sport

I have ccc pro in a 2008 lci e60 by the way
Old 01-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Chalkyuk
Do you have a weblink please?
Do you realize that you revived an NINE-YEAR-OLD thread? It;s not likely that you will get a response from him. He hasn't posted for 8 years and is most likely long gone.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:01 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 BMW 528XI, 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 324cui
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by jayarras
Do you realize that you revived an NINE-YEAR-OLD thread? It;s not likely that you will get a response from him. He hasn't posted for 8 years and is most likely long gone.
Research the Combox for the E60s. It will have all the answers you seek.

Quick Reply: BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen..