5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yourself-14/)
-   -   BMW E60 and Video input to CCC/ i-drive screen.. (https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yourself-14/bmw-e60-video-input-ccc-i-drive-screen-20913/)

FiNe60 01-20-2006 07:46 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Morjens,

Trying to add Video input to i-drive system without adding Nav to TV addons... i think its easier if there is a solution to directly add video in to i-drive system..

Does anyone know about adding AV-input socket to rear compartment (A18807). Searching some info from BMW WDS 5.0 and i did find some info about it...

and.. anyone who has OEM front cameras or tv/video module.. ever trying to use some other video source to that camera connector in bumbers ? i think every video in connection to CC is either Cvbs or RGB ?

Some pictures attached :thumbsup:

Attachment 14498

Attachment 14499

Attachment 14500

Info about CCC connectors:

Attachment 14501
Attachment 14502
Attachment 14503
Attachment 14504
Attachment 14505

Btw. this forum is great with true enthusiastics !

cu

FiNe60 Attachment 14506

Iceman 01-20-2006 02:33 PM

I tried to get an A/V input installed for months without success.
Even my tech couldn't get it done, and he really tried, even called BMW Individual.
We couldn't even get it done when we tried to fit the A/V input just like it was a back up camera. All we got was a very instable picture, never anwhere close to beeing watchable and the sound was bad.
I think the only way of getting a picture on the idrive screen is to override it with a device such as the ones you can get from Dom.

Peter530i 01-21-2006 02:12 AM

Hobi is the answer. With his interface you can get any kind of AV input directly to the I-drive screen. Wait for Hobi's site to be launched very very soon..... trust me man. I saw it working..... getting it myself.....

mixterk 01-21-2006 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='227369' date='Jan 21 2006, 11:12 AM
Hobi is the answer. With his interface you can get any kind of AV input directly to the I-drive screen. Wait for Hobi's site to be launched very very soon..... trust me man. I saw it working..... getting it myself.....

See you've done it again...cant wait, can we have info in advance of the site coming online.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fin535dA 01-21-2006 07:27 AM

Hi and welcome to the board FiNE60 :)

E60Sim 01-23-2006 01:56 PM

I want that screen badly in the space between the front seats as shown on the pictures :thumbsup:

I'm not interested in installing an AV in, but do you guys know if it is possible to find the AV out some where in the car ?

The screen in the backseat will be connected to a DVD player, but as an extra feature it would be nice if we could watch the Idrive picture on the screen in the backseat too ? :blink:

Chalkyuk 01-27-2015 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Peter530i (Post 227369)

Do you have a weblink please?
I'm keen on having video input added so i can buy some kind of miralink device to connect wirelessly to my phone, play music from it, see googlemaps and no need to take my phone out of my pocket. I also read briefly about dension but it seems to need av input already in place and uses mhl.. which i understand to mean usb. Any ideas anyone?
Wireless video transfer isn't easential but would be cool. Wireless audio is what i really want without the crap sound quality of bluetooth. Idrive control to shift tracks would also be nice.

Chalkyuk 01-27-2015 03:07 PM

I have ccc pro in a 2008 lci e60 by the way

JayArras 01-27-2015 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chalkyuk (Post 1556235)
Do you have a weblink please?

Do you realize that you revived an NINE-YEAR-OLD thread? :lol: It;s not likely that you will get a response from him. He hasn't posted for 8 years and is most likely long gone.

Canada22 01-28-2015 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by jayarras (Post 1556247)
Do you realize that you revived an NINE-YEAR-OLD thread? :lol: It;s not likely that you will get a response from him. He hasn't posted for 8 years and is most likely long gone.

Research the Combox for the E60s. It will have all the answers you seek.