Vendors Image Gallery A place for our vendors to show of the incredible work they do!

••ü•• E60 LED Tails for 04-07 Cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='466612' date='Sep 6 2007, 02:07 PM
You can get these on eBay for the same price (INCLUDING shipping) and they come with the resistors to prevent the iDrive warning. Can you drop the price to around $175? With shipping, this would be a decent deal.

So let me understand...

Umnitza is selling them for $249 plus shipping.

Ebay is selling them for $249 including shipping?

They both include resistors right? But Cman is asking Umnitza to lower his price by 30% to $175.

Why? Is someone else offering these for $175 ? or even $225? Why should Umnitza lower his price. Where did Cman come up with $175 anyway?

Guys lets be fair here. If its just shipping hes over on I'd order from Umnizta anyway. Hes known on here and I have purchased from him with no issues before. And he is throwing in license plate lights too?

I really do not think we are being fair here. The $175 was just a number thrown out. Not someone elses price.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Veight' post='467031' date='Sep 7 2007, 09:55 AM
So let me understand...

Umnitza is selling them for $249 plus shipping.

Ebay is selling them for $249 including shipping?

They both include resistors right? But Cman is asking Umnitza to lower his price by 30% to $175.

Why? Is someone else offering these for $175 ? or even $225? Why should Umnitza lower his price. Where did Cman come up with $175 anyway?

Guys lets be fair here. If its just shipping hes over on I'd order from Umnizta anyway. Hes known on here and I have purchased from him with no issues before. And he is throwing in license plate lights too?

I really do not think we are being fair here. The $175 was just a number thrown out. Not someone elses price.
I generally like forums, you can banter with customers and people that have never had or have no intention of being your customers.

Maybe I'm at fault for bantering with Cman, but come on man, grow up. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. But asking us to drop price "just because" you felt like it? that's poor form.

Veight is right on the money with every comment.

Angry comments like calling my potential buyers "suckers" - not cool.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Veight' post='467031
Maybe I'm at fault for bantering with Cman, but come on man, grow up. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. But asking us to drop price "just because" you felt like it? that's poor form.
You have every right to protect your business and I am not bashing that. In fact, I know there are many happy customers of yours on this forum. However, this is a replica LED tail light. They are a dime a dozen. If they were OEM, that would be one thing, but they are not. I've done extensive research on these lights, as I almost pulled the trigger a few times from a few sellers, but decided to wait on the LCI versions.

As for being grown up, I don't think I have to argue that based on my reputation on this forum. As for you arguing with me earlier just makes you look bad, as stated above by a few other members. Maybe you can get away with this type of business practice on E46fanatics or other BMW forums, where the demographic tends to be a little younger, but on this forum, members tend to be a little older and more grown up.

If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='467068' date='Sep 7 2007, 11:46 AM
If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.
In proper internet etiquette, this SHOULD have been your first action.
I'm not here to bash you but what you said and did was in poor form.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='467070' date='Sep 7 2007, 02:49 PM
I'm not here to bash you but what you said and did was in poor form.
I guess we'll never agree on this point. Let me put it to you this way...for ANY vendor that throws up pricing on this forum that's more expensive than their competitors, it will always be called out. You may not like it or like how it's put, but that's the type of community that this is. If you don't like it, maybe you should take your business elsewhere and not post any threads on this forum. If you do continue to post, well...just be prepared to be called out on it and be a gentleman about it. I suggested lowering your pricing, to make it more inviting for people. You took it personally and look where we are now... Pretty sad. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor

Persistence is a virtue.

Pricing is determined using a variety of factors. Since you BMW owners place a higher value on service, knowledge, support, etc. and the product cost of shipping, import taxes, warranty, etc. are factored into pricing, our prices are better than fair.

I took a look at eBay, just like you and found only 1 vendor selling the same confirmed type of product as us. That vendor - with some history of selling it - appears to be only selling EURO versions, not available in the US but it could also be DOT - and his price was $225.

Now, my price is $249 + $7 shipping. This reflects that we pay for shipping and duties he doesn't. We are a US based business, he isn't.

Our price is $25 more for a DOT guaranteed to work product.

Sure, I see all the other vendors claiming it's the same and selling them for $200, but to me, if you're risking $200 on eBay, you would feel better not "risking" $250 with us and you even get a free set of trunk license plate LEDs. Seems like more than a fair deal when you consider all the benefits of buying here.

Personally, I wouldn't ever risk my money on ebay, and I know most of my customers wouldn't either.

Good luck to you and your future purchases and no hard feelings.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='467080' date='Sep 7 2007, 03:13 PM
Persistence is a virtue.

Pricing is determined using a variety of factors. Since you BMW owners place a higher value on service, knowledge, support, etc. and the product cost of shipping, import taxes, warranty, etc. are factored into pricing, our prices are better than fair.

I took a look at eBay, just like you and found only 1 vendor selling the same confirmed type of product as us. That vendor - with some history of selling it - appears to be only selling EURO versions, not available in the US but it could also be DOT - and his price was $225.

Now, my price is $249 + $7 shipping. This reflects that we pay for shipping and duties he doesn't. We are a US based business, he isn't.

Our price is $25 more for a DOT guaranteed to work product.

Sure, I see all the other vendors claiming it's the same and selling them for $200, but to me, if you're risking $200 on eBay, you would feel better not "risking" $250 with us and you even get a free set of trunk license plate LEDs. Seems like more than a fair deal when you consider all the benefits of buying here.

Personally, I wouldn't ever risk my money on ebay, and I know most of my customers wouldn't either.

Good luck to you and your future purchases and no hard feelings.
No hard feelings. Have a nice weekend.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='466612' date='Sep 6 2007, 02:07 PM
You can get these on eBay for the same price (INCLUDING shipping) and they come with the resistors to prevent the iDrive warning. Can you drop the price to around $175? With shipping, this would be a decent deal.

[quote name='cmansbimmer' date='Sep 7 2007, 01:46 PM' post='467068']
Yes. Do a search on eBay. I'm sure you'll find them for cheaper. My point to this post was that in all fairness to the other members on this forum, this is not a great deal. Many of us on this forum look out for each other. Umnitza does provide good deals on products; I am not taking that away from him. But in this case, this product is not such a great deal.

Cman,

My reply was to your first quote above. This is where you say you can get these lights on Ebay for $250 same as Unitza. The you tell me to do a search to find them cheaper. and that they are a dime a dozen. You say you want them for $175, but then you say you want to wait for the LCI version. What is it that you really want?

I think when a vendor posts a price, we as customers evaluate the price, do our homework and make our decision to buy or not. What I do not think is fair is to bash a vendor in open public just because he will not lower his price to you when you ask. Your price request of $175 was not based upon you finding that price somewhere else, admit it.

I owe Unitza no allegiance but I again do not think you are being fair to him in this open forum.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, BMW Stainless Steel Pedals, #166 Rims

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='466992' date='Sep 7 2007, 09:28 AM
You spent the money to buy a BMW because you wanted to buy a better car.

You now decide you'd rather buy from eBay because you want to save $6?
If so, you're not my kind of buyer. My buyer comes to our company to buy the product knowing that we'll still be around later if they ever need anything. If don't value support, service, and communication, then by all means, go buy the "cheap" stuff from eBay.

Now to look at this from the other perspective most high volume internet sites sell advertising from $250+ per month(audiworld), and your getting it for free on this site. Why not offer a e60 discount price or post in the classifieds?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='467022' date='Sep 7 2007, 09:29 AM
What a horrible attitude to have when you're trying to sell something. I happen to STRONGLY agree with CMANS and here you are arguing with one of the most respected and well liked members of the forum. Not very smart. Based on your posts from this thread and others that I've read from you, I would NEVER buy anything from you guys. But hey, thats just me, what do I know? I'm one of those stupid people that looks to ebay for this type of nonsense. As a business, engaging in this type of banter with forum members is unbelievably unprofessional, incredibly dumb, and most of all, terribly revealing as to the immaturity umnitza stands for. So sorry, I never ever put my 2 cents in on these types of threads but I just couldnt help myself this time.

All the best
+1

Quick Reply: ••ü•• E60 LED Tails for 04-07 Cars