Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

RDSport Trunk/Roof Spoiler CLEARANCE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Right on, thanks for the quick replies fellas. I'll post pics as soon as it is on! And $100 is exactly what they were asking. Good to know.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

Guys,
Be careful when you mount your trunk spoilers. The shop that painted mine installed it using 3M tape, I'm not sure which version, and the thing blew off my car. I have to believe it was because the tape didn't stick to the wax since there was no tape left on the car at all. The guy didn't bring any cleaner out with him when he was going to install the spoiler and all I had in the car was some household cleaner. It seemed like the tape was holding well as he pulled on the spoiler a lot after putting it on but obviously the force generated by the air at 80 MPH was greater then him pulling on it. At least the shop is standing up and getting me another spoiler at his expense. I will post a little more about this after I get the spoiler from him which should be today, Thursday.
I have the Betalink kit from BMW waiting to use when I get the spoiler. I know a lot of you guys have been successfully using only the tape but I'm not going to trust it again.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by futurerx06
my Roof RDSpoiler PRIMER color chip off upon arrival and the shop is charging me extra $280 for redo the primer!!! Trinity CHECK YOUR PM
U r getting jipped! Any painter will re-primer the piece whether it is primed or not. $280 to redo primer? That's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by SBrown712
Guys,
Be careful when you mount your trunk spoilers. The shop that painted mine installed it using 3M tape, I'm not sure which version, and the thing blew off my car. I have to believe it was because the tape didn't stick to the wax since there was no tape left on the car at all. The guy didn't bring any cleaner out with him when he was going to install the spoiler and all I had in the car was some household cleaner. It seemed like the tape was holding well as he pulled on the spoiler a lot after putting it on but obviously the force generated by the air at 80 MPH was greater then him pulling on it. At least the shop is standing up and getting me another spoiler at his expense. I will post a little more about this after I get the spoiler from him which should be today, Thursday.
I have the Betalink kit from BMW waiting to use when I get the spoiler. I know a lot of you guys have been successfully using only the tape but I'm not going to trust it again.
Make sure u wipe down with alcohol. Use the industrial strength red 3M double side tape. then use masking tape to hole it in place. Ur not supposed to drive it at 80 mph without using masking tape. Basically, u should let the the car sit overnight to 24 hours before driving to ensure it sits well.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Betalink FTW I had the shop use it when they installed my Alpina front