Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

HID Conversion Kits & D1S & D2S No Error No Flicker BEST Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Black/Black Premium/Sport Package Bluetooth iPod Retrofit Matte Black Grills HID Fogs 5000K BMC Filter RPI GT Exhaust RPI Scoop M-Tech Front

can you get 5000k d1s?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by flipnf3rno' post='975597' date='Aug 13 2009, 06:57 PM
can you get 5000k d1s?

Sorry, I cannot get 5000K D1S. 6000K is whiter though!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

Damn!!! That MB is gorgeous!!!! Wonder who it belongs to
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by stylezzza' post='975702' date='Aug 13 2009, 08:36 PM
Damn!!! That MB is hideous!!!! Wonder what sucker it belongs to?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

I was doing some AGGRESSIVE testing today at the warehouse. VERY crazy testing with abnormal use with all kinds of ballasts today since I also have some newer ballasts I wanted to test. I was turning the HIDs on then off then on then off then on then off, about 20 times or so. You are NOT supposed to do that to HIDs. I had sometime count how many times if turned on then off then on then off from outside the car. The normal sized digital ballasts would not turn on after about 8 turning on and offs. Some more, some less. Keep in mind ballasts ignite the bulb at 23000 volts! It needs time to warm up many times. The slim ballasts would not turn on after 2 to 3 on/offs. Of course I rev the car and everything and it will not shut off or flicker like crazy. If the bulbs shut off, you just need to wait a few minutes or restart the car.

That's just FYI.

But I mean, how many of you bought the ballasts and told me they suck and dont work? None. It's just some information I want to share with my crazy experiments here and there.

And I do drop an entire set of HIDs into water. ballasts and bulbs into a bucket full of water and run for two weeks. After a couple weeks, it still works like brand new. Of course those are for tests and NEVER resold out.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='976992' date='Aug 14 2009, 07:15 PM
I was doing some AGGRESSIVE testing today at the warehouse. VERY crazy testing with abnormal use with all kinds of ballasts today since I also have some newer ballasts I wanted to test. I was turning the HIDs on then off then on then off then on then off, about 20 times or so. You are NOT supposed to do that to HIDs. I had sometime count how many times if turned on then off then on then off from outside the car. The normal sized digital ballasts would not turn on after about 8 turning on and offs. Some more, some less. Keep in mind ballasts ignite the bulb at 23000 volts! It needs time to warm up many times. The slim ballasts would not turn on after 2 to 3 on/offs. Of course I rev the car and everything and it will not shut off or flicker like crazy. If the bulbs shut off, you just need to wait a few minutes or restart the car.

That's just FYI.

But I mean, how many of you bought the ballasts and told me they suck and dont work? None. It's just some information I want to share with my crazy experiments here and there.

And I do drop an entire set of HIDs into water. ballasts and bulbs into a bucket full of water and run for two weeks. After a couple weeks, it still works like brand new. Of course those are for tests and NEVER resold out.
I have also tested my HID fogs, which have the standard sized ballasts, by turning them on and off multiple times. They perform just fine.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='977020' date='Aug 14 2009, 07:34 PM
I have also tested my HID fogs, which have the standard sized ballasts, by turning them on and off multiple times. They perform just fine.

It should perform fine but i test them agressively by repeatedly turn them on and off on and off.

Dont try to aggressively test them like me. LOL. I also push more voltage through sometimes as to duplicate a surge, As high as 18 volts. Ballasts automatically shuts off.

The slim ballasts' technology works different than the regular sized ballasts. The slim matches mercedes benz better while the regular sized ballasts matches BMW and Audi better. All in all, they are the same but the ignitor technology in the slim works differently and is smaller in design, as I;m told from the manufacturer.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='978416' date='Aug 16 2009, 02:18 PM
It should perform fine but i test them agressively by repeatedly turn them on and off on and off.

Dont try to aggressively test them like me. LOL. I also push more voltage through sometimes as to duplicate a surge, As high as 18 volts. Ballasts automatically shuts off.

The slim ballasts' technology works different than the regular sized ballasts. The slim matches mercedes benz better while the regular sized ballasts matches BMW and Audi better. All in all, they are the same but the ignitor technology in the slim works differently and is smaller in design, as I;m told from the manufacturer.
i still cant figure out which bulbs i have. i looked on the top of my headlights and i swear it says d1s/d2s
Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='978451' date='Aug 16 2009, 01:20 PM
i still cant figure out which bulbs i have. i looked on the top of my headlights and i swear it says d1s/d2s
thats the worse thing about it, AFAIK you really have to take out the bulb so that you'll know for sure what it is
Old 08-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BALASUBAS' post='978459' date='Aug 16 2009, 03:30 PM
thats the worse thing about it, AFAIK you really have to take out the bulb so that you'll know for sure what it is
Anyone know if the headlight install is more or less difficult than the fogs?

Quick Reply: HID Conversion Kits & D1S & D2S No Error No Flicker BEST Price