Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

••ü•• Orion V2 for the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

^I know, right, lol.

I literally would $hit a brick if the instructions turn out to be that way.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='1048113' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:26 AM
^I know, right, lol.

I literally would $hit a brick if the instructions turn out to be that way.
What's their return policy?

I ask because opening up these headlights is a very very very complicated job. Many experienced people have tried baking it open as you can do this relatively easily with other headlights but that's not the case with the E60 unit. I believe Lightwurkz had to resort to cutting the lens to open it up cause he couldn't remove the glue through baking either. He's probably the only few that can probably do this correctly (I'm assuming so but I'm can't guarantee his work obviously). I personally don't think you should try this yourself or you're going to burn money on a damaged assembly. You should ask how much Lightwurkz charges for this job. Actually, it would help if Umnitza posted that info here or on their website.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='1047685
+1

What does doing it ourselves mean? I believe this involves baking and cutting open the headlight assembly right? If you guys do it, are there any guarantees against defects after like leaking seals and stuff?

Man, can't believe I'm looking at angel eyes again. This would be my 4th set. LOL!!!
It involves cutting, baking has not yet proven to work but we are working on some other means besides cutting.
We guarantee 100% against defects and leaks if we - in association with Lightwurkz - perform this work.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='1048067
Now for people to figure out an easy way to open up the headlight and seal it back up nicely.
Right. it's not easy, anyone who gets attracted by the lights needs to understand this is hard work to install, well worth it, but hard work.
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1048160' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:21 PM
What's their return policy?

I ask because opening up these headlights is a very very very complicated job. Many experienced people have tried baking it open as you can do this relatively easily with other headlights but that's not the case with the E60 unit. I believe Lightwurkz had to resort to cutting the lens to open it up cause he couldn't remove the glue through baking either. He's probably the only few that can probably do this correctly (I'm assuming so but I'm can't guarantee his work obviously). I personally don't think you should try this yourself or you're going to burn money on a damaged assembly. You should ask how much Lightwurkz charges for this job. Actually, it would help if Umnitza posted that info here or on their website.
I agree, I don't think until many folks have followed our guide it should be tried by the average person.

Well, back to SEMA, hopefully have some more exciting product developments to report in the coming days.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the info Matt. Have fun in Vegas.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1048168' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:30 PM
We couldn't get it to you by tomorrow, you are in socal and we're in norcal.
I think it's better if we hold off on shipping it before I personally return from SEMA so you can really understand exactly what is involved. The product is foolproof, the installation requires skill and patience and a strong - impossibly strong stomach.

We will have instructions available by end of next week.

It involves cutting, baking has not yet proven to work but we are working on some other means besides cutting.
We guarantee 100% against defects and leaks if we - in association with Lightwurkz - perform this work.

See above

Right. it's not easy, anyone who gets attracted by the lights needs to understand this is hard work to install, well worth it, but hard work.

I agree, I don't think until many folks have followed our guide it should be tried by the average person.

Well, back to SEMA, hopefully have some more exciting product developments to report in the coming days.
Hi Matt/Umnitza. I think realistically, if you guys do have it leave warehouse today, it should get here by Saturday, as I had opted for USPS -- just in case it needs to be delivered on Saturday.

As for the cutting, and taking apart the headlight, we (my friend that's going to help me with this) already anticipated this to be a tough project. And to his cred, he's hardly "an average" user. He has over a decade of experience working on cars, electronics, etc.

The reality is that I would rather pay someone to do this, unfortunately, my second car is being driven by my younger brother right now, and I can't go days without my car. So in any case, as long as we have rough instructions, basically a start, I think it'll be fine. Otherwise, this time it'll be on me =D

So... maybe I receive it by Saturday?

And yes, enjoy SEMA!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

... I agree, I don't think until many folks have followed our guide it should be tried by the average person.
Will be waiting for the guide like you promised. TIA.
Enjoy SEMA BTW.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1048112' date='Nov 5 2009, 01:24 PM
I was about to try but since i'm getting rid of the car, no point in messing up a perfectly nice headlight. =)

Hopefully the guide is clear and not like, Step one, Open headlight. Step two, install, Step three seal headlight. Step four, turn on. LOL
Right!? That would be lame. LOL
Old 11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Contributors

removed =)
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I'm tempted to do this. My last car was a 02 maxima, and I installed the umnitza angel eyes. I had to take apart the light hosing, and I've done it 3 or 4 times. I've heard the e60 one is much harder, I'm just not sure how much harder.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Contributors

Can you tell us what you and Lightwurkz would charge for the install?

Quick Reply: ••ü•• Orion V2 for the E60