Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

••ü•• Lighting Upgrades - Research and Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We are doing a "focus group" of sorts with members on this forum.

Interior LEDs have been on a few of our cars (BMW and others) and we've had the good fortune of working with a supplier that has stabilized all the colors so that they match across all the bulbs - so instead of buying 1 bulb here and one there and finding the bulbs don't match exactly on color, we are getting them all complete.

Now, we have a VERY limited supply on hand right this minute, so it may take a few days to fulfill all the orders but we have some questions to ask and your assistance is greatly appreciated:

CLICK THIS FOR THE ORDERING PAGE:
1) Is the ordering page coherent (does the list of bulbs make sense?)
2) Is the pricing correct (yes, we're asking you)
3) Do you care if the "packaging" is generic or do you want pretty packaging with all the niceties that comes with it?
4) What are some things you're looking for when you order these?
5) What are some limitations you've had in the past?

Thanks for sharing your opinions as we roll out yet another lighting product.

Currently, we have:
Predator Orion V2 - for cars without angel eyes that have opening headlights
Predator ICE - for cars with existing angel eyes but don't have the new LCI style headlights with H8 bulbs.
Predator Xenix - non-LED upgrade for bulbs.
Predator ION License Plate V3 - not metal, should not cause errors - but we'd like to test on E60s.
Predator ION Side Markers - in stock

All of which are LED based.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why dont you send me the license plate bulb for free and i will test it out for you

is interior lighting gives any error code?

also it would be better if you can create ordering page that would fit our cars so that we can just buy them right away instead of searching which bulbs we would need
Old 10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We plan on that once we get a few cars into the shop.
We'll need one for the 530i, 528i, 535i, 545i, and 550i - if they are the same, that would obviously work in all our favor.

As for the error code, we'd love to have a car come in for testing to determine it.

Are most E60s similar in terms of error codes?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My input >

> Bulb type by letter ... if car bulb locations were noted and corresponded to bulb style (eg Position #1 = Bulb P)

>Pricing seems very competitive ... I get torqued when S&H charges double the price of items

3) Do you care if the "packaging" is generic or do you want pretty packaging with all the niceties that comes with it?
>NO - Don't care about glossy package labels but I do want bulbs to be carefully packaged and marked so they arrive intact.

>Shipping tracking information.

>With other suppliers I've not always gotten a clear and reasonable expectation about time to deliver products.

BTW, THANKS FOR ASKING FOR INPUT!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5

Borrowing Luigi's formatting...

> I would like to see a simple model selection (i.e. 2006, BMW, M5) and all the bulbs I needed included in a package without me having to go and investigate what bulbs I need... Is this possible?

>A couple of bucks per bulb seems reasonable.

>NO - Don't care about glossy package labels but I do want bulbs to be carefully packaged and marked so they arrive intact and I know what goes where

>Shipping to Canada via USPS.
>Also include instructions on your site or here for any panel removal that isn't obvious so we aren't breaking stuff to replace bulbs
>One more thing... if the bulbs are LED then your rather harsh return policy may not be necessary. You really should consider changing that regardless, I don't know how many crappy lights I've purchased at retail or online in the past that were either DOA or the bulb lasted a week... A nazi like return policy is not going to help you reassure buyers

>No comment.

BTW, if you can tell me what bulbs I need to update the lighting in my M5, I'll buy a package.

Also, good on you for seeking feedback... if you adopt some of the advice you get, I'm sure it will help sales.