Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

••ü•• Kiwi WiFi - ALL OBDII Cars

Old 09-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to stop reading this board. Every time I get on it I think of brand new ways to waste my money! argghhhh!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

A new review was posted here:
Originally Posted by Marlin311
So after a number of years of getting together for our local meets and "spirited" drives, I have always wanted to install an aftermarket gauge kit to give me a better read out of my cars performance measurements and temperatures, while on a rally drive( not to mention it looks pretty awesome too). After contemplating weather or not to put a Gauge Cluster kit in the car, Matt at Umnitz introduced me to the PLX Kiwi wifi Iphone application. He showed me what its capabilities are and I figured I would give it a shot.
The components consist of an OBDII wifi adaptor and the DevToaster Rev application from ITunes. You will need and Iphone or Itouch for the application. There is also another application in the ITunes store called Palmer Performance Engineering Dash Command.
When the car is turned on you plug in the OBD II wifi adaptor and sync your Iphone or Itouch to the PLX wifi unit. After its done syncing, you immediately get real time information sent wirelessly to your Iphone or Itouch and it's pretty accurate too.
Dash Commander:
The Dash Commander application is really awesome. With this application you will get your basic real time read outs of your car's engine temp, manifold pressure, air flow ratio, throttle position, and air flow rate. It also has a car diagnostics reader to let you know what error codes your OBD is throwing and you give you the ability to clear them from the cars computer. It also has the ability to give you skid pad data and your track performance data (I have yet to try this feature out). You can also keep a log for each car you use this device for.
Dev Toaster:
Now the Rev application is a little bit more in-depth. The Rev is more performance oriented. It can give you read outs of the cars Air Intake Temp, Barometric Pressure, Boost Pressure, Calculated Engine Load, Engine Coolant Temp, EVAP pressure Fuel Consumption, Fuel Level, Fuel Pressure, Fuel Trims, Intake manifold Pressure, Mass Air Flow rate, RPM, Throttle Position, Timing Advance, Vehicle Speed, Engine error codes, and a data logger you can use for the track or Auto crossing. It also had and engine error code reader which you can also clear from the car.

Both application work really well. However, your car will only produce all of these readouts if your car has a built-in sensor for every measurement in the OBD II system (my 2000 328ci didn't give readouts for Barometric pressure, Boost Pressure, and Evap Pressure.).
The best part about this setup is I can use it in any car make built after 1996, the set up is roughly $150 less than aftermarket gauge kits, you don't have to pay for labor to have a gauge kit hardwired, and you do not have to delete any storage compartments.

Thanks Umnitza for the great product and recommendation!!! :bow::woot:

The PLX KIWI WiFi:

Syncing Iphone to PLX:

Dash Commander:

Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor

Devtoaster Rev:

Engine Coolant Temperature
Old 09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Silver Grey 2007 530i

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='999524' date='Sep 5 2009, 11:42 AM
If you are in teh Bay area, feel free to drop in during the week, we can show you how it works and if you find it worthwhile

Where are you located?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor

concord, ca.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor

If anyone would like a sampler, there are a number of other items available including the IMFD reader with Boost sensor for 535i models.