E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My Bear Mountain Meet story...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

First let me say thank you to those who tried to reach out to me when I didn't show up at Torches. I'm alive and well and have a slightly amusing story to share.

Some of you may have noticed I was not really myself this morning. I was hung over and tired. I can thank the village of Huntington and my crazy friends that live there for that. What a great little town. I think we went to 5 different places last night. Partying like a rock star until 4AM and having to meet up at 7AM was not the best decision to make. I was soooooo tired.

So anyway...

I when I left the mall with all of you I thought I was in great shape for only sleeping 2 hours. After a few miles I got stuck behind some slower traffic and ended up missing a planned exit. I proceeded to take the next exit to try to get back on track. I ended up in a state park that had some bike race going on so there were tons of cops to monitor the traffic.

Not thinking anything I stopped and asked a cop how to get back. The cop asked me if I was okay. She said "Your eyes are really bloodshot. Are you sure you are okay?" In my head I was panicked. My quick response was my allergies were getting the best of me this morning. She bought it and gave me directions on where to go.

Before you all lay into me. I was not drunk from the early morning activity, but I'm sure if I were to get tested there would be a possibility of me having some legal problems.

I was so freaked out by it that I decided to stop at the next scenic rest area and take a quick nap, drive through, and eventually meet every one at Torches. Well apparently I was exhausted. I didn't wake up until about 1:45PM. I was asleep for over 3 hours!

I'm glad I stopped. If it was that easy for me to fall asleep for 3+ hours then who knows if I would have fallen asleep at the wheel.

I had a blast up to that point. The drive from Jericho to the mall was fantastic. We definitely owned that highway in the morning. Too bad that Ferrari didn't want to join us. Thanks everyone for caring (awwww...) I made it home no problem.

Next time I won't pull a Rip Van Winkle.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributors

I knew there was a story behind it. Probably better for all that you didn't try to tackle the twisties in the RPI'ed M5 with no sleep.

There will be another Bear Mountain Meet later this summer.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i xdrive M-Sport Dark Graphite II 2004 545i Black Sapphire Metallic-Retired 2001 525i Titanium Silver Metallic-Retired1994 325ic Convertible Boston Green-Retired 1985 325es Dolphin Grey-Retired

Once again, glad everything worked out. There will be other days ahead. That was the smartest decision you made and you got home safe
Old 06-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

LOLOLOL!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Glad you were ok, we were wondering what happened to you. Always the next time, no worries.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 AM
Contributors

Thanks again for being concerned.

I'm still pissed that I missed the best part.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

bwahahaaa Nice! Good thing I didn't see you snoozing on the side of the road - I might've pulled over for a "quick nap" myself

Next time, get Visine
Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Contributors

I was wondering why I didn't see your car at the Harrison State Park checkpoint and Torches. I also kept reading the picture thread of someone falling asleep.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by providenceleaf
First let me say thank you to those who tried to reach out to me when I didn't show up at Torches. I'm alive and well and have a slightly amusing story to share.

Some of you may have noticed I was not really myself this morning. I was hung over and tired. I can thank the village of Huntington and my crazy friends that live there for that. What a great little town. I think we went to 5 different places last night. Partying like a rock star until 4AM and having to meet up at 7AM was not the best decision to make. I was soooooo tired.

So anyway...

I when I left the mall with all of you I thought I was in great shape for only sleeping 2 hours. After a few miles I got stuck behind some slower traffic and ended up missing a planned exit. I proceeded to take the next exit to try to get back on track. I ended up in a state park that had some bike race going on so there were tons of cops to monitor the traffic.

Not thinking anything I stopped and asked a cop how to get back. The cop asked me if I was okay. She said "Your eyes are really bloodshot. Are you sure you are okay?" In my head I was panicked. My quick response was my allergies were getting the best of me this morning. She bought it and gave me directions on where to go.

Before you all lay into me. I was not drunk from the early morning activity, but I'm sure if I were to get tested there would be a possibility of me having some legal problems.

I was so freaked out by it that I decided to stop at the next scenic rest area and take a quick nap, drive through, and eventually meet every one at Torches. Well apparently I was exhausted. I didn't wake up until about 1:45PM. I was asleep for over 3 hours!

I'm glad I stopped. If it was that easy for me to fall asleep for 3+ hours then who knows if I would have fallen asleep at the wheel.

I had a blast up to that point. The drive from Jericho to the mall was fantastic. We definitely owned that highway in the morning. Too bad that Ferrari didn't want to join us. Thanks everyone for caring (awwww...) I made it home no problem.

Next time I won't pull a Rip Van Winkle.
glad to know you're okay
Old 06-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

OMG, LMFAO!!!! thats funny.. well. im glad your ok really. Joe kept asking where you were and so was I. Its funny you say that, cause we were shot too from being in the city the night before as well. we got in though around 2ish, yet in the morning when I bent down to do something my head spun. So we felt your pain, and if you slept for 3hours in your car like THAT, you must have been shot! lol.. We missed ya, but at least you had fun either way..